Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Arctic blast
RE: Arctic blast
It's perfectly safe. The hose itself doesn't get "hot", but the coils inside will hold the warmth and stop condensation.

The heated hose and cover made a huge difference for me.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm sure you're not melting a thing with the covered heated hose. Marshmallows, chocolate, butter.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
+1 to the hose cover suggestion. I have one and it's one of the best improvements I've done. Another big improvement is a hose hanger / holder. Much, much better hose management that way. 

And yes, even with a hose cover, you can still keep it under the covers if you wish.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been using a hose cover (again, get the 8ft one, the 6ft hose and 6ft covers do NOT match LOL) over a heated tube all year. Even at its hottest, it only gets slightly warm to the touch. It won't get hot enough to do any kind of damage.
Post Reply Post Reply
desaturation thanks for asking these questions. The responses have taught me a lot.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-09-2022, 01:55 PM)desaturator Wrote: Thanks for your post. I just ordered a fleece cover. If nothing else, it will stop the bedroom looking like an intensive care ward.

But...

Is it safe to use a cover with the heated hose? Or will the whole thing just melt?

BW, DS

Thanks for your post.
Based on the answers and help you received here, I've ordered a tube cover too. Unfortunately I could only find a 6 foot cover.
Dave
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-11-2022, 02:38 PM)DaveL Wrote: Thanks for your post.
Based on the answers and help you received here, I've ordered a tube cover too. Unfortunately I could only find a 6 foot cover.
Dave

Dave the Snuggle Skins tube cover on Amazon Canada is $30 CAD https://www.amazon.ca/Snuggle-Skins-Insu...=8-14&th=1  I know this is more than we pay in the U.S. but it is a very nice soft cover that will go from machine to mask with some bunching left-over.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just thinking what I might do if in the same situation, and one thing that popped up was preheating the intake air just a little without warming the entire room. A coffee cup warming pad emits a bit of heat without noise and wouldn't be hazardous, but would it be enough to raise the humidity carrying capability of the air ? Do they make very low wattage space heating cubes ? (but they would have a fan which might be noisy on the bedside table).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Face Blast! maelstrom07 11 1,146 11-26-2021, 03:07 PM
Last Post: maelstrom07
  Continuous Blast of Air drzarkov 4 1,657 04-10-2019, 11:20 AM
Last Post: drzarkov
  +0.5 blast of air Jimboiii 15 3,334 11-08-2016, 03:20 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Equipment] Cold Air Blast gobsmacked 5 2,030 02-11-2015, 04:51 PM
Last Post: woozie38

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.