Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Are auto titrating bipap devices as effective as in lab manual titration?
RE: Are auto titrating bipap devices as effective as in lab manual titration?
The arousals that you call it is probably a positional change you made in your sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just how much better than AHI of 0.37 do we need to be? Get some sleep and get out of the microscopic analysis of your data. We want you to feel comfortable and get the best sleep possible, but nothing in these charts represents a treatable problem that requires a setting change.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-08-2019, 08:27 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Just how much better than AHI of 0.37 do we need to be?  Get some sleep and get out of the microscopic analysis of your data.  We want you to feel comfortable and get the best sleep possible, but nothing in these charts represents a treatable problem that requires a setting change.

Ok I'm going to keep the same settingss my only issue is fragmented sleep but we will see what happens in the next few nights
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are some screenshots of my second night. Overall I feel decent. I just wish that I can sleep without waking up and I took a screenshot of my breathing before waking up. It was my fault that I got only 5 hours of sleep because I went to bed late because of work. 

Any clue on why I have fragmented sleep. I never slept of more than 6 hours since starting PAP therapy in August 2017 and I never slept through the night without waking up no matter how good my AHI numbers look. I thinking arousals are what causing me to wake up. Maybe UARS?
Post Reply Post Reply
Most of us can only wish for results like this. It looks like your settings are right on. What is your Ti max?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Timax is 2.5
Timin is 0.3
Post Reply Post Reply
Waking up at least once or twice per night is ok?
Post Reply Post Reply
I wake up at night for no apparent reason and eventually fall back to sleep. It's normal and unrealted to PAP therapy. In my case, I tend to get soreness in the hips that will arouse me and cause me to turn. Sometimes it is just spontaneous. You can search for "waking up at night" and find a lot on the topic from normal to anxiety and other causes. Try not to stress over it, and a new normal may emerge.

For TiMax, I think 2.0 to 2.2 max for you based on respiratory timing, and I'm more inclined to recommend the low-end of that. You simply don't have the need for 2.5 seconds of inspiratory time based on Vt and BPM.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-09-2019, 10:16 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I wake up at night for no apparent reason and eventually fall back to sleep. It's normal and unrealted to PAP therapy. In my case, I tend to get soreness in the hips that will arouse me and cause me to turn. Sometimes it is just spontaneous. You can search for "waking up at night" and find a lot on the topic from normal to  anxiety and other causes. Try not to stress over it, and a new normal may emerge.

For TiMax, I think 2.0 to 2.2 max for you based on respiratory timing, and I'm more inclined to recommend the low-end of that. You simply don't have the need for 2.5 seconds of inspiratory time based on Vt and BPM.

Ok thanks sleeprider. I just moved it back to 2.0.  Okay nice to know that a lot of other people are having the issue of random Awakenings so I will just monitor this and hopefully they get better with time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is my tidal volume ok for a 6'1 200 lbs male?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,824 Yesterday, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 76 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 144 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 251 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  APAP->Bi-level Titrating sleepymf 8 585 03-11-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: sleepymf
  Help with settings after BiPAP Titration jd1291 5 164 03-11-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Smart Watches/devices Fourkidletts 172 16,460 03-02-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: dataq1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.