Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Are black VAuto machines counterfeit? Ans- NO
RE: Counterfeit Aircurve Vautos
Purely speculation, but with the Philips recall, there is tremendous demand for these machines, and the easiest way to satisfy the demand is to simply flash the firmware of what is available and apply the appropriate tags and identifiers. With the Version 11 Autoset coming out soon, the inventory of S10 Autoset machines can be used to maintain inventory of Aircurve until that machine is approved for release and meet the current high demand.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-25-2021, 11:14 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Purely speculation, but with the Philips recall, there is tremendous demand for these machines, and the easiest way to satisfy the demand is to simply flash the firmware of what is available and apply the appropriate tags and identifiers. With the Version 11 Autoset coming out soon, the inventory of S10 Autoset machines can be used to maintain inventory of Aircurve until that machine is approved for release and meet the current high demand.

Yes, that probably explains it.  Since I have one of what may be a repurposed airsense, I hope it really is the same hardware. I know the CPAP version could only go up to 20 cm, where the Aircurve goes to 25.  I hope they aren't just over running a blower designed for 20 and making it do 25.  Hopefully, it's the same blower in both.  My IPAP often breaks 21 at some points during the night, so I am running it at the high end.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's also possible that if ResMed is improvising while scrambling to produce product, it might be as simple as that they temporarily ran out of gray cases and repurposed black ones rather than waiting for more gray cases.

Thinking about how they would have planned the Air11 roll-out (the planning would have been long before the PR recall) they would have planned all along that after a certain date all of the autosets that they would produce would be 11s, while their production of 10s would wind down to vautos and ASVs only. Then they had this unexpected run on bipaps and above, because they are now the sole producer of them.

ResMed has certainly talked as if they are working night and day and going all out to get as many machines into the hands of patients as is humanly possible. If this is an example of them getting it done, then kudos to them!!!

We are still not quite sure of what hardware differences there are between the various '10 versions, but obviously there is a lot of the hardware that's common -- and it's different from the '11.
Post Reply Post Reply
When COVID created a large demand for ventilators, an engineer looked at repurposing the CPAP as a non-invasive ventilator. He figured out that the Resmed 10 series machines were all the same hardware, so he came up with Airbreak to reflash the code in the machines to turn them into fully featured machines. Nicko Dundee has a Cpap Reviews YouTube video about Airbreak, for jail breaking the Resmed machines.
Post Reply Post Reply
HairyReasoner, we have verified the entire product line uses the same pneumatic block and PCB with different firmware and covers. If the machine was tagged by Resmed, it is an Aircurve 10.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-26-2021, 11:19 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: HairyReasoner, we have verified the entire product line uses the same pneumatic block and PCB with different firmware and covers.  If the machine was tagged by Resmed, it is an Aircurve 10.

Thanks.  I figure if my machine is legit (and I think it is for the reasons I posted earlier), Resmed wouldn't let a machine be sold as an Aircurve unless it met the standards for one hardware wise.  But, given the recall for Philips, and the Resmed Kickback problem in January, 2020, it sometimes gets in the back of your mind to wonder just how much you can trust these companies to not cut corners if it seems in their interest.
Post Reply Post Reply
My sleep doc was unaware of the issue and will contact her ResMed rep and specifically ask the question and provide me with feedback.

I'm also getting a new VAuto based on hours of use so perhaps another data point as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
information on ResMed
Dear Godeon

Here is the name I received from our ResMed rep:

"The AirCurve 11 units are not out yet. We have no eta on when they are going to come out, and I’ve not seen an image of them.
Some of the recent VAutos were made with a black shell recently. This was due to the lack of raw materials (plastics) to make the unit. However, it’s an AirCurve 10 VAuto all the same."

I hope this helps answer your query!

*******************""**************************
I mentioned this to my sleep doctor who contacted her ResMed rep an the above is the reply
Post Reply Post Reply
I recently purchased a Resmed AirCurve 10 VAuto online from a reputable reseller and received a black unit.  It is completely legitimate.  I am grateful for it, it looks great on my nightstand.  It looks less like a medical device.
Long-time PAPer, periodic ApneaBoard reader, occasional sleeper.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Vauto I got from my DME supplier just yesterday was black. MyAir immediately recognized the numbers and set it up.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with new AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings aubreyjs 4 81 8 hours ago
Last Post: Dormeo
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 995 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 Vauto ANTIKATE 5 157 04-14-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Bipap VAuto Settings Help Please jonoc99 5 156 04-12-2024, 04:16 PM
  [Treatment] Valtor Therapy Thread - from Autoset to Vauto Valtor 50 1,368 04-12-2024, 09:24 AM
  ResMed VAuto single beep at times? k888 4 146 04-08-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: k888
  APAP to VAuto not going well snapperzz 6 226 04-05-2024, 09:15 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.