Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Are earlier versions of Oscar avaialble?
Are earlier versions of Oscar avaialble?
I've been using SleepyHead to look at data from my ResMed AirSense 10 and decided I needed something a bit more sophisticated to analyze pressure trends, etc. I downloaded the latest version of Oscar for Mac and found that it would only run with OS 10.12. I have OS 10.11 and can't upgrade to 10.12 without buying a new computer. Is the last version of Oscar that supported 10.11 available for download anywhere? I'd greatly appreciate a link/direction as I can't seem to find one.

Thanks!

Best,

Don
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Are earlier versions of Oscar avaialble?
Bump - can someone help Don with this?
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I am not a Mac user so my memory of this discussion may be faulty. I believe that no versions of OSCAR ever ran with 10.11. I think that the development version of SleepyHead that we started from also required 10.12. Older versions of SleepyHead should work fine on 10.11.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Guy.

I forgot about how to check this earlier, so I did a search using the WayBack Machine just now for the OSCAR download page, and indeed, it shows version 1.0.1 required MacOS 10.12 at a minimum.  OSCAR 1.0.1 came out a day after OSCAR 1.0.0, if memory serves.  So apparently even the first OSCAR release required MacOS 10.12+.

https://web.archive.org/web/201911291220...com/OSCAR/
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Guy, SuperSleeper:

Not the information I'd hoped for, but at least it clarifies the situation. I'm using an older version of Sleephead, and it works fine - in its limited way. But I guess I'm stuck with that until I switch back to Windows or buy a new Mac.

Thanks for your collective help in resolving this issue.

Don
Post Reply Post Reply
I’m pretty confident that some flavor of Linux will work for you. OSCAR has a Linux version.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-14-2021, 07:34 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I’m pretty confident that some flavor of Linux will work for you.  OSCAR has a Linux version.

I'm guessing you are suggesting installing something like Parallels and e.g. Ubuntu to run the Linux version, yes?

Don
Post Reply Post Reply
Not really. Depending on your available hard drive space, you could install a copy of Linux alongside your OSX. This would allow you a dual-boot system.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Ah. Yes, that could be an option. Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 807 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  OSCAR v1.5.2 - Linux Versions Crimson Nape 3 125 03-17-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  The OSCAR 1.5.1 does not see the notes recorded in the earlier version. G. Szabo 2 205 02-26-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Are older versions of OSCAR available to download? leonking 0 297 11-23-2023, 03:01 PM
Last Post: leonking
  Coexistence of software versions on the same pc computer Dzidzia 2 557 07-31-2023, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Dzidzia
  OSCAR - Multiple versions with distinct data? RadarRalfs 2 655 01-03-2022, 02:25 PM
Last Post: RadarRalfs
  Different Versions of Sleepyhead Show different AHI's. What version do I use? My3rd3y3 2 1,319 02-16-2019, 09:03 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.