Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Are "events per hour" on the MyAir App the same as AHI ?
RE: Are "events per hour" on the MyAir App the same as AHI ?
(04-27-2018, 10:44 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Looks good to me.  It should give us a hint if we are going in the right direction.  Also, report how you feel after sleeping with this setup.  .  . better, worse, or no difference.

Last Night I tried

Min 6
Max 18
Ramp Start 6
EPR 3 Full Time

When I woke up a few times - the pressure was 16-17.9 but it was GREEN not RED 

AHI on Sleepyhead shows 21.3 and on my iOS app shows 23.3  .. ugh -- I was hoping to see it much lower. 
It was the first night I actually slept with the mask on 
but at times had trouble keeping a good seal

Attached are charts. Think I should try a few more nights like this and see if the AHI goes down. 
My next appointment is in 31 days on 5/29

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
You've got a positional problem working here. More than likely your chin is dropping down to your chest at night and cutting off your airway. A good fix for that is a soft cervical collar which will prevent your chin from cutting off your air. You can pick one up online or at the local drugstore. Also some people use horse shoe shaped pillows to do the same thing. I don't think anymore pressure is going to help. In fact I think if you correct the chin dropping you'll see your pressures drop.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-28-2018, 01:37 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: You've got a positional problem working here. More than likely your chin is dropping down to your chest at night and cutting off your airway. A good fix for that is a soft cervical collar which will prevent your chin from cutting off your air. You can pick one up online or at the local drugstore. Also some people use horse shoe shaped pillows to do the same thing. I don't think anymore pressure is going to help. In fact I think if you correct the chin dropping you'll see your pressures drop.

thanks
I will go buy one right now and give it a test run tonight
Appreciate it
Post Reply Post Reply
Got the collar and results to follow

THANKS
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-28-2018, 02:22 PM)theMezz Wrote: Got the collar and results to follow

THANKS

Hope it goes well

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry I'm a little late to the party but I see Walla Walla cut me some slack.  Thanks Walla Walla.    

Mezz, I was hoping for better results myself.  I think Walla Walla has a good idea.  Also, you can turn off the reporting of those afternoon snooze sessions by scrolling down on the left side of the screen and slide the little green switch beside the session to red.  By doing this you will decompress your nighttime data for easier viewing.  

If the collar shows promise, you might want to explore the "U" shaped pillow.   This is because we are moving into the Spring/Summer months and the collar tends to get rather warm.  .  .  Need I say "Hot Under The Collar". Big Grin

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-28-2018, 04:31 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Sorry I'm a little late to the party but I see Walla Walla cut me some slack.  Thanks Walla Walla.    

Mezz, I was hoping for better results myself.  I think Walla Walla has a good idea.  Also, you can turn off the reporting of those afternoon snooze sessions by scrolling down on the left side of the screen and slide the little green switch beside the session to red.  By doing this you will decompress your nighttime data for easier viewing.  

If the collar shows promise, you might want to explore the "U" shaped pillow.   This is because we are moving into the Spring/Summer months and the collar tends to get rather warm.  .  .  Need I say "Hot Under The Collar". Big Grin

- Red

Thanks for the Sleepyhead tips. Just turned off the naps and also reordered the charts per the help files that are posted.
Post Reply Post Reply
Unless I am using Sleephead incorrect, looks like the collar did not help me at all. 
I think I had it on around 3 hours

Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm surprised that didn't help at all. The only thing left I know to do is raise the minimum pressure to 17cm and the maximum pressure to 20cm and see if you can prevent the events from forming. If that doesn't do it than your probably going to need a BPAP machine. Maybe someone else has a better idea.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-29-2018, 07:16 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: I'm surprised that didn't help at all. The only thing left I know to do is raise the minimum pressure to 17cm and the maximum pressure to 20cm and see if you can prevent the events from forming. If that doesn't do it than your probably going to need a BPAP machine. Maybe someone else has a better idea.

On my way to 17-20 tonight !
I’ll crank it up and hold on !!!

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 44 1,316 Yesterday, 01:20 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Are any of these events real? BigWing 6 193 04-09-2024, 02:40 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  [Treatment] Most events are Central Apnea / Clear Airway joeblough 7 214 04-08-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: joeblough
  Excessive Events jerrydaw 1 112 04-06-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Help to interpret "Events per Hour" data Fritz1255 1 153 03-30-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,552 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 380 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.