Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Are "events per hour" on the MyAir App the same as AHI ?
RE: Are "events per hour" on the MyAir App the same as AHI ?
Good news! Here is hoping for success.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-06-2018, 10:25 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Good news!  Here is hoping for success.

UPDATE

finally had titration study just last night. 
Had to sleep on stomach and side. 

I arrived 7pm and left at 7am

The tech was really knowledgeable and we chatted  45 minutes about masks, machines, etc. 

She said the study was successful and she got tons of useful data. Now I have to wait for doctor to analyze the results. 

She did say that she was successful in setting the cpap to work for me, but she came up with various pressures at various stages of sleep.

So what settings I will end up with I just don’t know. 

It took me two hours before I can fall
Asleep, but overall it was a good experience. 

Just like a hotel room, tv, shower, WiFi - nice bed. Professional tech 

So I am really looking forward to the results and can’t wait to get this show on the road!
Post Reply Post Reply
As always, be sure to request a full copy of the report from your doctor, and keep that for your personal permanent records. I'll be interested to hear your results.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-19-2018, 08:25 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: As always, be sure to request a full copy of the report from your doctor, and keep that for your personal permanent records.  I'll be interested to hear your results.

Good idea. Thanks!
I can't wait
Post Reply Post Reply
They called me today and said Dr determined I should be at a steady pressure of 9 and that they will set the CPAP via remote. That was noon and of course 11 hours later the CPAP has not been set yet.

I will wait until tomorrow and then call them. I hate to call - -they are cranky when dealing with people on the phone. I would set the CPAP myself but I want to see what other settings they change (curious).

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't see any harm in making the change. Pretty simple. Mark me down as skeptical that a reduction in pressure from 13 to 9.0 is the answer to this.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-21-2018, 07:55 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I don't see any harm in making the change.  Pretty simple.  Mark me down as skeptical that a reduction in pressure from 13 to 9.0 is the answer to this.

The sleep tech and the Dr claim a steady 9 will work.
I will start that tonight
Post Reply Post Reply
CPAP mode 9 per titration study - shouldn't I see results after 7 hours of  use in one night?

I am STILL at 20.6 events per hour  (sleephead images to follow)
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-22-2018, 06:20 AM)theMezz Wrote: CPAP mode 9 per titration study - shouldn't I see results after 7 hours of  use in one night?

I am STILL at 20.6 events per hour  (sleephead images to follow)

Attached are Sleepyheads from last night at a steady 9 pressure

I was asleep from about ~Midnite to 3am then awake a while,  then asleep from ~4:30am-6am

Very easy to breathe at level 9 and no fighting leaks. Too bad I still get so many events.

How the heck can 9 work in titration but not at home?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
here is a better arranged sleepyhead chart
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 44 1,329 04-17-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Are any of these events real? BigWing 6 194 04-09-2024, 02:40 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  [Treatment] Most events are Central Apnea / Clear Airway joeblough 7 215 04-08-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: joeblough
  Excessive Events jerrydaw 1 113 04-06-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Help to interpret "Events per Hour" data Fritz1255 1 154 03-30-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,555 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 380 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.