Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Are "events per hour" on the MyAir App the same as AHI ?
RE: Are "events per hour" on the MyAir App the same as AHI ?
(07-06-2018, 09:26 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Good luck Mezz. I hope you learn something useful from the next evaluation.

Dr Office just called to remind me about appointment tomorrow.

Interestingly she asked if I happened to ever put a SD CARD in the ResMed. (it came with none)
I said - yes - I had one in since day !
She said GREAT! - please being the card.
At least they seem interested
Post Reply Post Reply
I would copy your card to your computer before you take it into the Doctor. There have been cases where the data on the card has been erased by the office help.
Not saying it will happen but it's better to be safe than sorry.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Great idea 
Thanks for that
Post Reply Post Reply
Met with Dr today and he has no clue why CPAP and APAP fails but a pressure of 9 worked during titration test. 
He is sending me to an ENT and wants me to consider an INSPIRE implant. 

Before all that he is swapping out my Resmed10 for a new machine to rule out a defective machine. 

So that's the story ! 

INSPIRE would be done out of town, no one does it in my city
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you ever get the report from the study? As the titration progressed, were events determined to be obstructive or central? I never thought 9.0 cm was somehow a magic number, but I hoped for insights on what triggers you apnea at any pressure and whether they show up in polysomnography as central.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-12-2018, 08:45 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Did you ever get the report from the study?  As the titration progressed, were events determined to be obstructive or central?  I never thought 9.0 cm was somehow a magic number, but I hoped for insights on what triggers you apnea at any pressure and whether they show up in polysomnography as central.

I forgot to ask for a copy and I forgot for patient portal access too ..  ugh...
He did say it was not central for sure

Think I should ask for a copy tomorrow?
Post Reply Post Reply
You're being referred for ENT follow-up, so it seems to me you need to have this report for your records. As best I can tell you may not end up under the care of your current sleep doctor again. An ENT may offer a clue on the nature of any obstruction, but be very careful about surgical options that might be suggested.

I have not seen obstructive apnea that is so unresponsive to positive pressure therapy, and I think we even tried the cervical collar. You have used moderate pressures, high pressures, EPR up to 3 and none at all and still have an AHI higher than your diagnostic sleep test. Since your untreated AHI is in the moderate range, maybe a non PAP therapy like Inspire is an answer. I dunno?? I hope you will keep us informed of your progress and any diagnosis you get from an ENT.

If you're still open to experimentng, I'd say try a low pressure with EPR 3. I mean why not? Maybe 9 at EPR 3.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-12-2018, 09:29 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: You're being referred for ENT follow-up, so it seems to me you need to have this report for your records.  As best I can tell you may not end up under the care of your current sleep doctor again.  An ENT may offer a clue on the nature of any obstruction, but be very careful about surgical options that might be suggested.  

I have not seen obstructive apnea that is so unresponsive to positive pressure therapy, and I think we even tried the cervical collar.  You have used moderate pressures, high pressures, EPR up to 3 and none at all and still have an AHI higher than your diagnostic sleep test.  Since your untreated AHI is in the moderate range, maybe a non PAP therapy like Inspire is an answer.  I dunno??  I hope you will keep us informed of your progress and any diagnosis you get from an ENT.

If ENT wants to do surgery than I am going to another Sleep Clinic.

I had uvula removed 1985 and deviated septum surgery and it did NOT fix anything.

It was *very* painful and I lost 17 pounds in 5 weeks. Water and jello was painful and nose packing 
hurt like hell.

Yup.. if ENT wants to do even an endoscopy I have to think about that - might just try another sleep clinic and hope its not a waste of time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Titration study images attached.

Post Reply Post Reply
What I'm really looking for is the page (you may have to ask for it) that shows the pressure, time at pressure, OA, CA, H, and index. this chart often shows sleep stage and position. Even better is a complete PSG graph that shows the respiratory wave-form and pressure along with EEG, and other channels with events noted. It should start from a lower pressure and show the progression at least through 9.0 and probably higher. This is the actual titration results and will give us a clue how this test was performed and your results at each pressure. This summary report is good enough for elementary school, but tells us nothing but the results. Request the detailed report.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Most events are Central Apnea / Clear Airway joeblough 8 302 Yesterday, 11:37 AM
Last Post: joeblough
  [Symptoms] Worried about sudden spike in CA events rohit261990 8 203 Yesterday, 12:44 AM
Last Post: rohit261990
  myAir when sleep time is 4am to 4pm the next day iknownothing 1 82 Yesterday, 12:31 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Does Aircurve 10 Vauto record events and flow limits during ramp mode? SingleH 3 103 04-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 44 1,420 04-17-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Are any of these events real? BigWing 6 222 04-09-2024, 02:40 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Excessive Events jerrydaw 1 125 04-06-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.