Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Are "events per hour" on the MyAir App the same as AHI ?
RE: Are "events per hour" on the MyAir App the same as AHI ?
I am in high single digits.
If no changes after next appointment I will start adjusting things myself

thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
I emailed, tweeted and called ResMed - they won't talk to me about firmware versions.
I thought i would give it a try anyway
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2018, 10:39 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: What I'm really looking for is the page (you may have to ask for it) that shows the pressure, time at pressure, OA, CA, H, and index.  this chart often shows sleep stage and position.  Even better is a complete PSG graph that shows the respiratory wave-form and pressure along with EEG, and other channels with events noted.  It should start from a lower pressure and show the progression at least through 9.0 and probably higher.  This is the actual titration results and will give us a clue how this test was performed and your results at each pressure.  This summary report is good enough for elementary school, but tells us nothing but the results.  Request the detailed report.

Just called them and asked for the full report. They said "it's just a bunch of charts you won't understand" .. but they claim they are mailing it all to me in tomorrows mails. I'll believe it when I see it !
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-12-2018, 08:45 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Did you ever get the report from the study?  As the titration progressed, were events determined to be obstructive or central?  I never thought 9.0 cm was somehow a magic number, but I hoped for insights on what triggers you apnea at any pressure and whether they show up in polysomnography as central.

They really are resistant to giving this out. They finally mailed me a crappy photocopy - see attached I hope it's readable. 

By the way, the last couple of nights I am AHI 4.9 - still in APAP 4-20 mode. 
Always AHOI in single digits now and sleeping rock solid 8 hours of actual sleep with mask time.
I don't even wake up at all, no more tossing and turning at all.
Also c-collar fixed by previous neckaches and numb morning arm!

Next appointment is 8/15.  I am hoping he will tighten up the 4-20 setting.

Thanks for looking at these charts

Post Reply Post Reply
In your earlier post the results summary indicated that at a CPAP pressure of 9.0, nearly all of your apnea events were eliminated.  I was skeptical and essentially said "fat chance" and asked for the more detailed pages.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=7320]

The details "you won't understand" clearly show abundant apnea is present at a pressure of 9.0 in this graph.  The graph lacks a detailed pressure or time on the axes, but we can interpolate each horizontal line as 4-cm pressure increments and the vertical lines has hours. So we see you started at about 5-cm pressure and moved to about 9.0 cm just before the second hour. There were about 3 OA events before you entered a quiet period of sleep that included the only period of non-supine sleeping that lasted until until hour 3:25 when an arousal occurred (wake) until a therapy break where pressure dropped back to zero.  The period from 2:45 to 3:25 at pressure 9.0 was very good and importantly you were mostly on your side.

You appear to have been mostly awake until hour 5 when you fell into N1 and N2 sleep. At about 5:30 pressure was increased to 11-12, and this corresponds to a large cluster of apnea (back sleeping).   At hour 6.5 pressure was increased to approximately 13 cm. During this entire period you had abundant OA and some HA with mixed and central apnea emerging at the higher pressure.

This is your typical sleep pattern from what I have seen in past posts.  You tend to have both quiet and active apnea periods with more central events emerging at higher pressure.  It was tempting for the doctor and technician to interpret the quiet period at pressure 9.0 as a successful titration, but it ignores that returning to pressure 9.0 during the apnea clusters failed to break it (06:00 and 7 :15).  It also is illogical that higher pressure resulted in a progression to severe OA and higher pressure resulted in mixed and central apnea.  

What this chart tells us is you really benefit from staying off your back! It also tells us you don't suffer significant oxygen desaturation with the increased clusters of events, however there are brief periods where SpO2 approaches 92 that correspond to the apnea.  High pressure is not your friend, and neither is sleeping on your back.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=7634]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
that image insert of PAGE 2 "DISTURBANCES OF SLEEP"
is NOT mine - you must of inserted it in error?????
or did you want me to read it for some reason.
Not sure what it is, or why it's there. It's not mine.
Post Reply Post Reply
*THANK YOU*

That's a very interesting analysis

I have been sleeping on my back, because on my side - I get mask leaks.

I will work on sleeping on my side without leaks. I think I can achieve that after a few nights.

So maybe APAP is better than CPAP for me?

I see Dr again in 12 days and look forward to seeing if he makes any pressure changes.

Also seeing the ENT Doctor in about 3 weeks. Looking forward to his opinions too

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-03-2018, 12:47 PM)theMezz Wrote: that image insert of PAGE 2 "DISTURBANCES OF SLEEP"
Is it not the "page 2" from your post #69?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-03-2018, 09:21 PM)trance Wrote:
(08-03-2018, 12:47 PM)theMezz Wrote: that image insert of PAGE 2 "DISTURBANCES OF SLEEP"
Is it not the "page 2" from your post #69?

Oh Crap - you are CORRECT
I apologize for my confusion 
I misread it for sure

Sorry
Post Reply Post Reply
You said sleeping on my side produced best results.
I did exactly that with the c-collar on and ....  

[drum roll please]...

AHI  1.9  !!!!!!!!!!!!    

[attachment=7641]
[attachment=7640]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 10 346 03-26-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,397 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 265 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 117 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  15-minute periods of massive events (OSCAR pics included) nicholasb600 2 176 03-14-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Why does my clear airway events keep increasing? deirdrepen 3 267 03-12-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Help interpreting non-obstructive events in OSCAR needsleeps 14 767 03-05-2024, 12:28 PM
Last Post: needsleeps

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.