Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Are "events per hour" on the MyAir App the same as AHI ?
RE: Are "events per hour" on the MyAir App the same as AHI ?
(09-08-2018, 10:59 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I rarely see anyone treated for obstructive apnea at pressures less than 6.0. The Resmed Autoset is a great machine, and it thinks you need between 9 and 11 cm of pressure, but it doesn't hurt to give it a head start. It is this minimum pressure which will support a significant reduction in events and help the way you feel. It will not only provide better therapy, but the more stable pressure will make you more rested.

I can't wait to try to at 7 tonight.

Amazing how a few months ago I couldn't wear the mask and breath more than an hour, now I can for 12 hours if I let myself.  I've never slept so deep in my life. It's wonderful.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am now at 8-13 with for 2 nights.
My start pressure is still at 4, should I be making that match the min of 8 ?
Post Reply Post Reply
You are asking what has already been answered....yes.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-13-2018, 08:07 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: You are asking what has already been answered....yes.

Thanks. I apologize- I missed it or didn’t understand. Appreciate the reply.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-03-2018, 05:03 PM)pholynyk Wrote: I have two suggestions: First, I would raise the minimum pressure up to 8 or thereabouts, but only by .4 or .6 cmH2O every three or four days, so that your body can adapt to the increases. This is based on your Median Pressure being 9.7 or higher.
Second, You have what I call a 'grassy' flow limitations graph, as I did. I found the cure for that was to use the Exhalation Pressure Relief at the maximum level of 3. This may require a further increase in your minimum pressure, but we would watch your charts to see how they go.
These changes are made in the Clinical Menu, which is accessed from the regular menus by pressing both the Home button and the Round knob for 3 to 5 seconds. The Clinician's Manual is useful here, and can be obtained by following the directions you'll find after clicking on the CPAP Setup Manuals in the menu bar at the top of the page here. Pardon me if you already know this - I tend not to re-read an entire thread before commenting.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-16-2018, 07:53 AM)theMezz Wrote:
(09-03-2018, 05:03 PM)pholynyk Wrote: I have two suggestions: First, I would raise the minimum pressure up to 8 or thereabouts, but only by .4 or .6 cmH2O every three or four days, so that your body can adapt to the increases. This is based on your Median Pressure being 9.7 or higher.
Second, You have what I call a 'grassy' flow limitations graph, as I did. I found the cure for that was to use the Exhalation Pressure Relief at the maximum level of 3. This may require a further increase in your minimum pressure, but we would watch your charts to see how they go.
These changes are made in the Clinical Menu, which is accessed from the regular menus by pressing both the Home button and the Round knob for 3 to 5 seconds. The Clinician's Manual is useful here, and can be obtained by following the directions you'll find after clicking on the CPAP Setup Manuals in the menu bar at the top of the page here. Pardon me if you already know this - I tend not to re-read an entire thread before commenting.

Tried EPR on at 3 and that doesn't help
AHI back in double digits. 10 one night and 22 the next
So, for me, looks like EPR=off is better for some reason.
So now we know.
Post Reply Post Reply
UPDATE:

Played around with many suggested settings and things have settled down for me.

Seems that APAP 4-14, RAMP=OFF EPR=OFF HUMIDITY/TEMP=AUTO

has result in AHI under 5.5 almost every night

That is with a c-collar 

I fall asleep within 5 minutes and wake up only once per night.

I feel good with 6 hours of sleep and I feel great with 8 hours of sleep.

Looks like I've finally reached good settings, got used to the machine and the mask.

Washing the mask every day with soap and water stopped all redness on my face.

I never thought I would say that I look forward to using the CPAP when I go to sleep. 

Thank You all for your time, suggestions and encouragement - I hope to help others here in the future.

Sincerely,
Joe Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad to hear things finally worked out. What kind of median and 95% pressure do you end up with?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-28-2018, 05:57 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Glad to hear things finally worked out.  What kind of median  and 95% pressure do you end up with?

AVE PRESSURE

FOR SEPT WAS 11.06
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-28-2018, 05:57 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Glad to hear things finally worked out.  What kind of median  and 95% pressure do you end up with?

Thanks

Median now 11.5 
AHI under 5 almost every night, but always single digits
I feel great
No falling asleep driving either

Also won the insurance appeal after appealing the appeal. Full reversal on everything - so all good

Finally after 8 months - CPAP is successful

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Still tired and CA events liebano 0 12 34 minutes ago
Last Post: liebano
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 10 354 03-26-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,399 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 269 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 119 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  15-minute periods of massive events (OSCAR pics included) nicholasb600 2 179 03-14-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Why does my clear airway events keep increasing? deirdrepen 3 269 03-12-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.