Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Are "events per hour" on the MyAir App the same as AHI ?
RE: Are "events per hour" on the MyAir App the same as AHI ?
Hi Guys, it's been 6 months since you all helped me with various suggestions and the C Collar.

I thought I would come back with an update.

My Median AHI has been 3.76
Last 90 days 3.19
I now how ramping off and pressure 3-18
My average pressure is 14.4

I sleep with no c-collar one day now and then and my AHI goes up over 10
I just do that for proof of concept to myself!

I never tried a U collar but I will check Amazon for one now.

I have the full facemask still but may try just a nose mask someday.

I average around 8 hours of sleep but feel better with 10 hours
I fall asleep in 90 seconds when I hit the bed, and do not falll asleep driving nor feel crappy anymore
I do tend to want to nap for 90 minutes late afternoon, but not always (I am 64)

All in all a success I think

Sleep Dr sent ,e to an ENT because of the sleep collar thing, but the ENT had nothing to offer but if it works then use it
the ENT  I saw was a big fan of CPAP and RESMED

I am coaching a a few people with their cpap with encouragement to keep using it, etc - so I am paying it forward.

All the Best,
Joe
Post Reply Post Reply
AHI worse than normal
UPDATE
With everyone's help and especially after using a C COLLAR things have been great for months.

BUT the last month or so I have been getting AHI's of over 5, as high as 7 or 8 about 25% of the time

No equipment changes.

i appreciate your time.  ( SHOULD I START A NEW THREAD??)
Post Reply Post Reply
The obstructive clustering on the 21st looks like chin tucking. Check the fit of your collar
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-22-2019, 08:39 AM)bonjour Wrote: The obstructive clustering on the 21st looks like chin tucking.  Check the fit of your collar

Thank You. I was suspicious of the collar. I did loosen it some on the 21st and maybe it's worn out some. I will pay attention to that and see what happens. As always thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
the conventional advice is to wear the collar loosely. that won't work for everyone. not me anyway. unfortunately, I have to wear a collar uncomfortably tight, I suspect because my neck goes right up to my chin. I started the collar for some clustering of events and to reduce lip leaks with a nasal pillow mask. over time my collars have become softer and more compressed. my lip leaks were getting out of control again so I cut the tops off some old athletic socks and slipped 2 over the collar for added height (bulk too unfortunately), with considerable success. like everything else, it's probably good to replace them periodically.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 14 413 46 minutes ago
Last Post: BigWing
  Still tired and CA events liebano 1 46 9 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,407 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 273 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 121 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  15-minute periods of massive events (OSCAR pics included) nicholasb600 2 182 03-14-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Why does my clear airway events keep increasing? deirdrepen 3 273 03-12-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.