Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Are my apnea events being accurately recorded?
RE: Are my apnea events being accurately recorded?
The BPM and Tidal Volume calculations are WAY off, and it appears that apneas are being counted as snores.
Post Reply Post Reply
VentMed's website shows sales in the U.S., but its technical listing only lists a CE number and not an FDA number.  Every sales listing that I found was outside the U.S.  Its appearance is reminiscent of an updated Resmed S9 design.  No mention of software could be found on the manufacturer's website.

Could you provide a screenshot of the SD card's directory listing?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
NM about Breas found it at Sorgen Medical but still there's a major malfunction there.
Post Reply Post Reply
It looks like the reader program came with the SD Card.
Post Reply Post Reply
But the machine looks like a Chinese knock-off sold on Amazon by a company called Unsvorns.
Post Reply Post Reply
New idea!

Check About in the software and see what info is there. I'm thinking they took it from somebody, and maybe there's a clue there.

Any .edf files in the data folders?
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-20-2022, 08:54 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: VentMed's website shows sales in the U.S., but its technical listing only lists a CE number and not an FDA number.

Could you provide a screenshot of the SD card's directory listing?
Maybe lack of FDA number is why it was able to be sold without a prescription.  I don't really care if it's not FDA approved as long as it's been approved by *some* country and it works.

Yes, here is the SD's directory listing:

(03-20-2022, 08:57 AM)Rubicon Wrote: It looks like the reader program came with the SD Card.
Yes, it did.

So if apneas are being counted as snores, that means I do really have sleep apnea then, right?  There are plenty of times when there was an apparent apnea event and was NOT flagged as a snore, however.  And if you think it is flagging apneas as snores, then that means you think I really am having apneas, right?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the screenshot. It's interesting that it uses only one file for all data in a sleep session.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's what I'd do:

Put up this window and figure out how much time each of those blocks are.  They may be like 1.5 or 2.0 seconds.  Then look at the event.  If it lasts more than 10 seconds it's an event.  If it's <20% of the surrounding breaths it's an apnea.  If it's <50% it's a hypopnea.  Count 'em up, note the total time of the study.

[Image: V8aH21D.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
Rubicon:

Each large block in that image is 6 seconds.  Each small one is 1 second.  So, the flat part starting in the third large block is about 10 seconds.  I don't quite understand what you mean by "If it's <20% of the surrounding breaths it's an apnea.  If it's <50% it's a hypopnea."  Can you please elaborate?  What do you mean by "of the surrounding breaths"?  Do you mean is the flat part less than 20% of the time that the surrounding breaths are?  Because if so, I'm confused, because then wouldn't it be a higher % for apnea than for hypopnea, and not the other way around?

And no, there are no .edf files. What's the significance? I wouldn't be surprised if they violated copyright in the software, since that is common from China, but I'm just concerned with whether or not I do have sleep apnea, and how to treat it if so.

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 13 394 28 minutes ago
Last Post: stevew168
  Still tired and CA events liebano 1 38 4 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,405 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 616 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 273 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 120 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  15-minute periods of massive events (OSCAR pics included) nicholasb600 2 182 03-14-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.