Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Are replacement schedules abused by DME's?
RE: Are replacement schedules abused by DME's?
My previous DME never called me.  I had to call them if I wanted to order anything.  And even then, they managed to mess my order up. Sad They have since sold their respiratory end to Rotech, which wasn't contracted with my insurance.

My choices were Apria and Lincare. I choose Lincare. They do call me and ask if I want to order, but they have never been pushy. I only order what I need.

I really don't think DME's abuse replacement schedules or try to get you to order more than you are entitled to. Why would they do that, because most insurance companies won't pay them for any excess.

Example: I'm entitled to 2 nasal pillows a month. If they send me 4, then insurance would not reimburse them and they would be stuck with the cost.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My DME supplier is ROTECH. They have been very good about keeping me supplied. They send me an e-mail message that I'm due new supplies, and then confirm whether or not anything has changed in regards to what I am using.

If I have any questions or concerns, they have a chat room that you can log onto. You can also notify them in advance of an order being shipped, that you have changed your equipment and they will note that and adjust accordingly.
Post Reply Post Reply
Apria sent items as prescribed on the Medicare schedule even though my insurance was Medicaid only at that time. I've not had a PAP long enough with Lincare as my DME to have had any PAP supplies. And I'll be returning the new ASV after the blizzard.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,258 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,829 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 206 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,127 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Can I buy just the Airsense 10 Motor replacement part? JohnReam 29 9,911 02-26-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Equipment] Replacement Cellular Modem DMAllen 18 5,800 02-25-2024, 05:36 AM
Last Post: Neo2020
  [Equipment] BiPAP Replacement Recommendation Prowler 1 266 01-28-2024, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.