Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to CPAP (help with settings) Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset
RE: New to CPAP (help with settings) Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset
There is nothing wrong with these results. I think you need to hang in there for a week or so to adapt to the use of CPAP, then we can look for solutions that solve any problems that remain. The CA events around an arousal is not a cause for concern, and this AHI is similar to my experience. Comfort will come.

Some people are sensitive to the changing pressures, and we can see you are treated well at 10.2 cm pressure with EPR 2 if you eventually choose not to use the autoset mode and change to CPAP mode.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here was last nights. Woke up several times again. I think I will continue with the same settings for a couple days then post up new screenshots. If I keep having disruptive sleep I will try setting my machine to CPAP as you suggested. Thanks for the help. Update will be coming.

Oh and I turned off EPR in the middle of the night. Not enough airflow with that pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-15-2019, 09:39 AM)jeannylam09 Wrote: Here was last nights. Woke up several times again. I think I will continue with the same settings for a couple days then post up new screenshots. If I keep having disruptive sleep I will try setting my machine to CPAP as you suggested. Thanks for the help. Update will be coming.

Oh and I turned off EPR in the middle of the night. Not enough airflow with that pressure.

Ramp off i meant
Post Reply Post Reply
Update! Here's the last 5 uses with the CPAP. Looks like I need to make some adjustments. And the physician said I have a large tongue. That's probably what is causing my flow limitations. Any suggestions guys?
Post Reply Post Reply
This doesn't look too bad. I think you've shown a minimum pressure of 7.0 is too low, and I think your flow limitation might respond better to a higher EPR of 3. If you feel okay at the current pressure, I would suggest increasing to a minimum of 8.0, maximum 12.0 and EPR at 3. I don't think your tongue has anything to do with the flow limitation, but it might be helping you to avoid leaks. Your AHI is quite acceptable, and if your tongue or airway was a significant issue, I would expect to see much higher obstructive apnea. OA is practically non-existent.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-08-2019, 08:54 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: This doesn't look too bad. I think you've shown a minimum pressure of 7.0 is too low, and I think your flow limitation might respond better to a higher EPR of 3.  If you feel okay at the current pressure, I would suggest increasing to a minimum of 8.0, maximum 12.0 and EPR at 3.  I don't think your tongue has anything to do with the flow limitation, but it might be helping you to avoid leaks.  Your AHI is quite acceptable, and if your tongue or airway was a significant issue, I would expect to see much higher obstructive apnea. OA is practically non-existent.

Thanks for the clarification. I will try these new settings
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,806 3 hours ago
Last Post: her.suit
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 418 4 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 111 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 840 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 168 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 617 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,612 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.