Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Are there any extra large pillows masks?
Are there any extra large pillows masks?
Lately I've been using the large-size P30i to help keep my sinuses open. However, while the outer nasal passages are flattened, narrow, and often somewhat restricted, my nostrils are pretty big, especially on the right side (which is ironically, the side that is more restricted by my deviated septum). For reference, I have trouble getting the NeilMed blue plastic Neti pot to seal in my right nostril because it's too loose, and the left nostril is almost too big for it.

The P30i is working fairly well, but if there was another size up available, I think it would be even better. I think the P10 pillows are very similar. Is there anything else larger for cavernous nostrils?

Full face masks and over-the-nose nasal masks do not give me that same nose-inflating boost. The F30 helps some, but not quite as much as the P30i. Really though, I want a firehose going up my nose ...  Grin , and I kinda wish I could use the P30i to keep it inflated all day.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Are there any extra large pillows masks?
Someone posted recently about using breathe right strips
Post Reply Post Reply
Unfortunately, I can't use Breathe Rite strips because the skin on my nose is super-oily. Even wiping with alcohol first won;t keep a strip on all night. I have used WoodyKnows nasal dilators (the clear ones) with some success, but they are not as effective as pillows.
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe a Breathe-Rite with Super Glue!
Post Reply Post Reply
If you haven't already, you might try a Dreamwear mask.  They have a Large and a Medium Wide cushions that might work. 

I've tried both and felt I got more air with the dreamwear than the P30i.

If you're open to a nasal pillow, Dreamwear has a nasal gel pillow that barely protrudes into the nostril, sealing on the outside of the nostril.  I felt like that provided even better air than the cushions.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think I tried a Dreamwear very briefly at the DME fitting. I may need to get a fit pack and give it another try.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the Nuance. The Large on that thing is huge.

Big nostrils run in my family. Skipped me, thank gawd. Had an uncle who said he'd get rich on the number of nickles he could stuff up his nose. He wasn't right in the noggin, bless his heart.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-07-2019, 03:58 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I use the Nuance. The Large on that thing is huge.

Big nostrils run in my family. Skipped me, thank gawd. Had an uncle who said he'd get rich on the number of nickles he could stuff up his nose. He wasn't right in the noggin, bless his heart.

Dielaughing
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bless his heart. The southern way to say erase the slight just said. I hear it all the time.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So, in the interest of science ... cough ... I can comfortably put 4 quarters in each nostril, with some room to spare for smaller coin(s). Unfortunately, my nose is actually fairly narrow. The bridge areas on most eyeglass frames are far too wide for me, and it only takes very light contact to completely close the airways.

The Nuance does look like it would be worth a try.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Headgear for very large heads NogginOff 0 15 40 minutes ago
Last Post: NogginOff
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 23 10,773 03-26-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 154 03-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  What can I do to stay on my front (positional apnea due to large tongue)? aplacelikethis 1 497 03-18-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 161 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Large Increase in AHI with F20 Mask David milt 3 154 03-13-2024, 07:15 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Nasal pillows vs. cradle GOIRISH65 8 392 03-04-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.