Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Are there any swivel masks?
Are there any swivel masks?
Are there any masks similar to the P10 as far as quietness?

Love my P10 mask. Hate the small and limited headgear. Previously tried to rig a P10 using SwiftFX headgear with moderate success, but I hate doing that each time. Pressure is IPAP 9 and EPAP 6. Sometimes the pressure blows my soft palate around and makes me choke awake, but not that often. AHI is below 1 now. I get tangled in my hose. I run it under my pillow and limit its length that way.

I have previously had the P30i. When I tried that with my bilevel, it is SO loud with the air rushing past my ears. Love the over-the head squivel ability of the P30i, though.

I also breathe out of my mouth sometimes all throughout the night and wake myself up. In the past, I've mouth taped and it was pretty uncomfortable/caused panic attacks. Tried a Dreamwear nasal and full face mask...didn't like either. The FFM made my cheeks puff in and out with the flow. Chin strap didn't work.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Are there any swivel masks?
F30 and F20 use a "quiet-flow" elbow that is pretty quiet. Of course, they are full face masks. I use the F30. I have used the P10 in the past but had problems with mouth leaks and hated the headgear.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried ResMed N30i?  I don’t hear noise and like the headgear, love the hose at the top of the head.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
A Resmed F30I is a lot like the full face Dreamwear, but I have found it to be more comfortable to wear and easier to breathe in.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Any tips on how to get better airflow in under nose masks/hybrid full face masks? jake79 12 149 6 hours ago
Last Post: jake79
  Skin Irritation from Masks Granny7 19 2,729 04-13-2024, 04:38 AM
Last Post: Little Olive
Question Are there alternative straps out there for masks that does not slide off? hejohoo 5 513 04-03-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: hejohoo
  Custom-Fitted Masks? TonyBoBony 5 441 03-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TonyBoBony
  Other masks to try? acordeon 5 520 01-01-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  [Equipment] 12 months of therapy. Tried several masks/nothing working Tiredkiwi 5 522 12-30-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Why different pressures with different masks Dawei 6 449 12-29-2023, 03:08 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.