Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Are there some known "quirks" in the Sleepyhead Data?
Are there some known "quirks" in the Sleepyhead Data?
In my continuing fight with my provider (I am losing), they returned Airsense 10 for Her #3 to me and said it did not have any issues. So I sent back #4 to them which seemed to working well pressure-wise, but had the howling humidifier issue. So, after 2 days on the one I am stuck with, I was looking at the data, and granted, it is not that great (I will post a couple of days tomorrow with hubby's help) -

However, Looking at the AHI by Pressure at the bottom,

Pressure 11 - 4
12 - 9
13 - 14
14 - 12
15 - 22
16 - 22
17 - 415 (Umm, is this even possible?)

By comparison, on the machine I returned, there was also a weird day, also at Pressure 17 with an AHI of 100.....My sleep study w/o CPAP averaged 60.

I just wondered if everyone had occasional weird numbers with all machines, or if it is an Airsense 10 issue (wouldn't doubt it - the are lemons IMHO) and I wonder why it seems to go crazy at level 17 on 2 different machines.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Are there some known "quirks" in the Sleepyhead Data?
Just making sure I am understanding what you are writing.

Here is a pic of that graph:
[Image: bypressure.PNG]

When you say you had an AHI of 415 are you referring to the line directly under the yellow Pressure line? or the line two under that?

The first line under the yellow is the average number of minutes you were at that pressure range. The second line under the yellow is the average AHI at that pressure range for all sessions last night.

In my graph above from last night,
I was at ~10cm pressure for a combined total of 364.8 minutes. My average total AHI at that pressure was 0.49 for all sessions.
I was at ~11cm pressure for a combined total of 27.8 minutes. My average total AHI at that pressure was 4.32.

The Minutes line of the By Pressure graph should total up to the Hours you spent using the machine as shown above the pie chart on the left.

[Image: piechart.PNG]

I suppose it is possible you were at 17cm of pressure for 415 minutes. On the Statistics tab, what is your Average Pressure, Min Pressure, Max Pressure and 90% Pressure under the Most Recent column?

By the way, that graph is a work in progress. Not sure if the programmer will keep it in future releases or if the graph will be there sans the plot lines.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-12-2015, 09:51 AM)AlanE Wrote: Just making sure I am understanding what you are writing.

When you say you had an AHI of 415 are you referring to the line directly under the yellow Pressure line? or the line two under that?

The first line under the yellow is the average number of minutes you were at that pressure range. The second line under the yellow is the average AHI at that pressure range for all sessions last night.

I was at ~10cm pressure for a combined total of 364.8 minutes. My average total AHI at that pressure was 0.49 for all sessions.
I was at ~11cm pressure for a combined total of 27.8 minutes. My average total AHI at that pressure was 4.32.

The Minutes line of the By Pressure graph should total up to the Hours you spent using the machine as shown above the pie chart on the left.

I suppose it is possible you were at 17cm of pressure for 415 minutes. On the Statistics tab, what is your Average Pressure, Min Pressure, Max Pressure and 90% Pressure under the Most Recent column?

By the way, that graph is a work in progress. Not sure if the programmer will keep it in future releases or if the graph will be there sans the plot lines.

Actually, it really was on the AHI line - that's what surprised me - it says 0.4 minutes with an AHI of 415.38 and OA of 415.38 and everything else was zeros. This was at the Pressure of 17. Pressure of 18 was all zeros.
It was a night when I had the Maximum Pressure set to 17 and maybe when it needed to go to 18 and couldn't go as high as it wanted, it caused a bit of "data upset"? Interesting that the Maximum Pressure hit 17.08, when the upper Pressure was set to 17. I suspect this needing to go higher than what the upper pressure was set to caused this anomaly - but it could be a Sleepyhead issue or more possibly an Airsense 10 issue (these machines appear to have a LOT of issues....Smile

On Statistics page - Avg. Pressure of 12.22, Min. of 7.14, and Max. of 17.08, 90% of 14.28 - all of which looks reasonable. But that's the weekly average number - the most recent column has already changed, so I can't see that exact day.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-12-2015, 12:25 PM)bluemom51 Wrote:
(11-12-2015, 09:51 AM)AlanE Wrote: Just making sure I am understanding what you are writing.

Actually, it really was on the AHI line - that's what surprised me - it says 0.4 minutes with an AHI of 415.38 and OA of 415.38 and everything else was zeros. This was at the Pressure of 17. Pressure of 18 was all zeros.
It was a night when I had the Maximum Pressure set to 17 and maybe when it needed to go to 18 and couldn't go as high as it wanted, it caused a bit of "data upset"? Interesting that the Maximum Pressure hit 17.08, when the upper Pressure was set to 17. I suspect this needing to go higher than what the upper pressure was set to caused this anomaly - but it could be a Sleepyhead issue or more possibly an Airsense 10 issue (these machines appear to have a LOT of issues....Smile

On Statistics page - Avg. Pressure of 12.22, Min. of 7.14, and Max. of 17.08, 90% of 14.28 - all of which looks reasonable. But that's the weekly average number - the most recent column has already changed, so I can't see that exact day.

Just looked at last night which even though I couldn't fall asleep until after 4, was a much better night data-wise and restful quality. But there is another odd piece of data, and this one was not resulting from trying to exceed the maximum setting. Most of the night was spent at pressures of 10-12, with an hour at 13, 20 minutes at 14, and 6.9 minutes at 15. The weird part is at a pressure of 15, it shows AHI of 25.96 for only 6.9 minutes. Does that make any sense - 26 AHI/OA in 7 minutes?

Your numbers sure are beautiful - wish I could come close to them.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-12-2015, 12:45 PM)bluemom51 Wrote:
(11-12-2015, 12:25 PM)bluemom51 Wrote:

Just looked at last night which even though I couldn't fall asleep until after 4, was a much better night data-wise and restful quality. But there is another odd piece of data, and this one was not resulting from trying to exceed the maximum setting. Most of the night was spent at pressures of 10-12, with an hour at 13, 20 minutes at 14, and 6.9 minutes at 15. The weird part is at a pressure of 15, it shows AHI of 25.96 for only 6.9 minutes. Does that make any sense - 26 AHI/OA in 7 minutes?

Your numbers sure are beautiful - wish I could come close to them.

Just one more comment and then I will stop - When going back over the Daily numbers, on most days, the data becomes a little strange for pressures 15 and above. On most days it makes sense - like 7 AHI in 68 minutes at a pressure of 13.

But at pressure of 15-17, there are a lot of 10 AHI in 4 minutes, 68 AHI in 12 minutes, 50 AHI in 16 minutes. It's just very different than other pressures like 7 AHI in 165 minutes, 4 AHI in 120 minutes with pressures around 12 and 13. Something different is happening at the higher pressures either in Sleepyhead, Airsense 10, or the combination of SH and 10.

I'll stop now - thanks for your help and time. If you hear a loud crash, it's just the Airsense 10 going out the window....Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd have to see the graph but it sounds like it may be messed up. Have you tried to rebuild the data?

[Image: SH-Rebuild-Data.JPG]
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-12-2015, 12:45 PM)bluemom51 Wrote: Does that make any sense - 26 AHI/OA in 7 minutes?

Yes that could happen. An event has to last at least 10 seconds (though I have seen less) to be flagged as an OA, CA, HA. There are 420 seconds in 7 minutes giving you a potential of 42 events. Rare that you would see that many though. Roughly 260 seconds of events in 7 minutes is a possibility. Not saying that is what is happening to you. At least not without seeing the graphs.

(11-12-2015, 12:45 PM)bluemom51 Wrote: ...If you hear a loud crash, it's just the Airsense 10 going out the window

Open the window first. Airsense makes a bigger impact on concrete and Windows are expensive to replace. Wink

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-12-2015, 01:07 PM)AlanE Wrote: I'd have to see the graph but it sounds like it may be messed up. Have you tried to rebuild the data?

[Image: SH-Rebuild-Data.JPG]

sorry i can't find where you do this - i don't see anything like that on my sleepyhead screens?
Post Reply Post Reply
On the menu at the top. Click on Data, then click on Rebuild CPAP Data, then click on your machine name.

Here is a better picture of it:
[Image: SH_Data_Menu.PNG]

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-12-2015, 01:41 PM)AlanE Wrote: On the menu at the top. Click on Data, then click on Rebuild CPAP Data, then click on your machine name.

Here is a better picture of it:
[Image: SH_Data_Menu.PNG]

your picture is very clear - i just don't see it - at the top i have Welcome, Statistics, Daily, Overview, Help Browser. On the Left side of Daily, there's the calendar and some statistics. On Statistics, just lines of data. Overview just has a picture of a sheep. On Welcome, it has the Importer/Wizard/View Statistics and some warnings at the top that included trying to rebuild data but there's nothing like what you show - the warnings say it is a pre-release version for testing- do you think hubby didn't install the newest version? since i don't know what the current version should look like, i can't tell.......
I am running this on a MAC and when i look at the download page it looks like there is a testing version and a testing with a broken something. don't know which one he used, and i can't find anywhere that it says you have version ....... or whatever. He loaded it the first part of October.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 72 7 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 289 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,628 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,023 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66
  Import CSV data file without matching SD card sleep data 2SleepBetta 4 1,258 09-30-2021, 05:55 AM
Last Post: Neelix
  Bug: Viatom data reappearing in OSCAR after deleting oximetry data Ratchick 2 951 04-19-2021, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Ratchick
  OSCAR quirks: by design? SevereApnea 16 1,390 03-09-2021, 01:49 PM
Last Post: sheepless

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.