Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Are there standard fluctuations in AHI readings?
RE: Are there standard fluctuations in AHI readings?
Thanks very much!  Going to get that cervical cushion at the medical supply store. No doctor or respiratory therapist in today to make any pressure changes, but i have notified both.  meetings monday.

I will wear the cushion tonight.

Will post tomorrow!
Post Reply Post Reply
The soft cervical collars are available at your local drug store, Amazon and most discount places fro $10-$20.  They certainly don't need to be anything too fancy.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Also, wear it looser than normal. You are using it to aid your positional alignment and not for actual cervical support.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for all your input. Went to cpap provider and got soft cervical collar. We tried it in several prone positions and sadly the collar needs to be tight. Should still not be too bad.

I will post results tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply
We are not all the same.  Red (aka Mr Crimson Nape) finds that it works better looser.  Most people seem to be like that.  I find it works better snug.  Not snug enough to feel like it is choking me, just a little looser than that and I am good.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, blame the redneck. Big Grin      I'm a side sleeper and if it is snug it will press into my airway.  .  .  not to mention that it gets hot.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
LOL!  I sleep on my side too.  Yeah, it does need to be loose enough to press your airway.  I sleep so hot I don't even notice the collar or the flannel towel I use to keep the velcro off the back of my neck.
Post Reply Post Reply
Argh. Wore the cervical collar.  AHI went up.  Was really hoping for better results. Argh. Any thoughts, people?

[Image: 9KyUjDMl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Set your pressure to 17cm like Sleeprider mentioned and see if that does it.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
An alternative or supplement to the cervical collar, and what worked best for me, is a buckwheat chaff pillow which can be configured to stabilize your head position and prevent chin tucks. I use the CPAPfit pillow, which contains foam as well as buckwheat chaff, available from Amazon for $49 but I'm sure there are other good ones. See these threads:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-CPAP-pillow-use

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...=buckwheat

I'm not suggesting there is no need to increase your pressure but just providing another possible solution to positional issues.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 476 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 675 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 402 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  OSCAR pressure readings versus BIPAP display smallhandsfeeding 0 155 02-07-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding
  Resmed A11 Autoset - Set to standard time? foss 2 499 11-07-2023, 05:48 AM
Last Post: multicast
  Love a follow up on my OSCAR readings plz! Captain Howdy 72 6,197 10-22-2023, 07:04 AM
Last Post: Captain Howdy
  [Diagnosis] Request observations on readings/Leaks Bob Cali 11 1,090 07-29-2023, 07:45 AM
Last Post: Bob Cali

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.