Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Are these RERAs?
Are these RERAs?
Wondering if my sleeping issues are related to nasal swelling, maybe UARS.  PAP for a month but keep feeling bad.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe they are arousal related?
I've been doing a lot of research and it seems these could be arousal related.  As central apneas are normal when transitioning into sleep.  Thoughts?  How would I find out these could be arousal related? 
I've also heard laying on your back can increase central apneas.  Has anyone noticed that?
I've also read about vagus nerve stimulation can cause central apneas.  Not sure what could be doing that in me.  Maybe my reflux stimulates my vagus nerve?
Based on movement from my fitness tracker I do move more than I should be in my sleep so maybe it is arousal related centrals. Not sure what is causing my arousals though. I though nasal congestion from swelling but even when I breathe out of my nose fine I still have bad sleep. So maybe it's from caffeine. My caffeine intake is low these days (1 cup in morning) but maybe I'm just super sensitive.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Are these RERAs?
No, I don't think those are RERAs; they're just a central, and an obstructive apnea.

Here's a thread with your history. 

In it, we expressed skepticism you have UARS, and bonjour suggested you needed an ASV because of your centrals.

I presume you are on the vauto at a PS of basically 0 because your centrals rise if you raise the PS?

What do your central numbers look like at a PS of 4 (a pretty standard setting)?

If unacceptably high, maybe you should consider again bonjour's suggestion?
Caveats: I'm just a patient, with no medical training.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm VAuto MinE:5, MaxI:6, PS:0.4 which was suggested and seems to be working the best.
After OSCAR results I was told on here that I don't qualify for an ASV and the sleep doctors are no help as my AHI is too low, 5.5 AHI and 8.3 AHI total.
At VAuto MinE:4, MaxI:14, PS:2 I got 9.2 AHI.
I did try the PS:4 but I remember the pressure being too much for me, giving me anxiety and keeping me from going to sleep. That's when I did not have OSCAR.
Just no getting any improvements as far as how I feel. Maybe it is a sleep hygiene issue but I'm trying everything. Maybe cutting caffeine completely out will improve my sleep. I'm just on 1 small cup of coffee in the morning and that's it. I'll also have to not eat within 5 hours of bed. I do 2-3 now but that doesn't seem to be working.
Post Reply Post Reply
My wife gets most, if not all, of her centrals sleeping on her back. Hers have been determined to be part positional and part from her meds. All of her sleep studies show positional centrals and her current sleep doc has positional restrictions as part of her therapy.

On a side note, searching in the help files of OSCAR I did not see a RERA definition listed anywhere.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RERAs, RDI vs AHI in Oscar, flow limitations CPAPveteran 5 785 02-03-2024, 12:39 PM
Last Post: SomniumSusurrator
Question [Diagnosis] Why are my RDI/RERAs so High? rc102177 2 324 01-14-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Increased RERAs Uzupan 0 363 08-22-2023, 02:47 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  RERAs do you trust your machine ? dwd1249 10 2,956 06-25-2023, 12:43 PM
Last Post: emmylouwho
  [Treatment] RERAs and Hypopneas Zandervexed 4 642 04-08-2023, 10:10 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Beginner here. Is it RERAs problem? acerlogic 0 465 04-07-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: acerlogic
  Worried about RERAs sheldor 7 777 03-08-2023, 03:51 PM
Last Post: sheldor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.