Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Are these results good?
Are these results good?
Been on CPAP for 12.5 years.

Just had a look at my 'reported figures' from my Resmed Airsence 10 CPAP (you call it a brick), that I have been using for the last 5 years.
Today my AHI is 0.3, and is also 0.3 when averaged over 1 week, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months and 1 year. Consistency?
Leak is 0 today and when averaged over 1 week and 1 month. It's 1 for 3 months, 6 months and 1 year. Wow.

Pretty good considering my initial diagnosis was 99! Highest the hospital had ever seen. Only needed my pressure tweaking a couple of times at yearly check ups / overnight testing.

My machine is not broken, I do get higher AHI's and leaks (1.0 and 12 over past year), but the averages are what count. (Worse AHI ever was only 6.6 in 2012).

Yes, i know it is a 'brick', but it was free from my state (Australian) government, and I even made a profit after getting benefit from my health insurance. Shows sometimes you don't need to self diagnose and tweak settings (but nothing against those that do). Hospitals do sometimes get things right.

Only hope things go well for my wife who was diagnosed recently.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Are these results good?
like Happy for you dogdog!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Are these results good?
When you feel good and your AHI is that low, the only thing to be gained in data is the positive feedback. I doubt there is much we would do to improve therapy when it's already satisfactory. It's certainly more important for the individual experiencing problems or that is new to the use of CPAP and needs to optimize. Are you using EPR?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone know what a good starting point for a woman using an ASV would be? erouting 5 43 1 hour ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  PSG Results: Could this be UARS? deebob 260 18,356 Yesterday, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Sad [Treatment] Therapy is helping, but only a little - good AHI numbers, bad sleep tiredsleeper 4 191 04-16-2024, 11:57 AM
Last Post: tiredsleeper
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 18 397 04-16-2024, 05:32 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  [Treatment] Help with interpreting OSCAR results 6bez8dF5lf 7 194 04-15-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: 6bez8dF5lf
  Test results Kmzizzle 18 1,541 04-12-2024, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Symptoms] Good until 3am, then awake sadness AvocadoSniffer 2 138 04-12-2024, 12:04 AM
Last Post: AvocadoSniffer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.