Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Are very low AHI's realistic for everyone?
RE: Are very low AHI's realistic for everyone?
Achieve what you can so that you feel rested.

As you progress in your treatment, you will find patterns that will show you what will help and what won't. Patience is the key. I had apnea so bad when I finally started therapy in 2007 that for the 1st 3 weeks of the treatment, good bad or indifferent, had me sleeping flat on my back with out movement. That was just to catch up on all the sleep I had missed.

Then move to July 2015, I go back to the Dr. for the 1st time since I started as my older machine was failing. It was then that I found out I had a Large Leak issue. I was still sleeping well, felt rested and generally was good with therapy.

So, I started looking into what the hell is a large leak? I found this place, started to focus or "own" my therapy, and when I got a handle on LL's, I went into another sleep gear I didn't know I had. Now, (and my wife hates this), I can look at my data and tell on the average, I'm sleeping in 8-10 minutes.

The moral of the story is, stay awhile, find out whats good for you and it will come in time.

Chuck

(01-17-2016, 05:46 PM)Jimsp1 Wrote: I've been using an APAP machine for 3 months now and have been averaging an AHI of about 6. I see these posts with very low AHI's and seem to consider anything over 2 as a bad night. I've only had two nights under 2(1.7 and 1.8). Is it realistic that everyone could or should try to achieve these very low AHI's?

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Are very low AHI's realistic for everyone?
(01-17-2016, 05:46 PM)Jimsp1 Wrote: I've been using an APAP machine for 3 months now and have been averaging an AHI of about 6. I see these posts with very low AHI's and seem to consider anything over 2 as a bad night. I've only had two nights under 2(1.7 and 1.8). Is it realistic that everyone could or should try to achieve these very low AHI's?

According to MyAir in the last 14 days I've had 3 - Zero's Smile with 1.8 as my highest, I normally run under 1 most nights , it took awhile to get there but I think i'm doing well with my first year under my belt.
I still scratch my head some days wondering what I've done different when I have nights that are higher.
To me I think how well or tight (No leaking) that mask fits gives me the best results.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What are realistic goals? flcpap17 27 2,016 10-31-2020, 07:04 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.