Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Aromatherapy With CPAP
Smile 
Aromatherapy With CPAP
Just curious who uses Aromatherapy and if it makes any difference in getting to sleep, staying asleep? Does anyone find it clogs them up?

Any favourite aromas? Any you would stay away from?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Aromatherapy With CPAP
Stay away from? Fart.

Favorite? Fart.
Post Reply Post Reply
My boyfriend's Heineken belches are also pretty rough though the hose. Tongue
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been trying it lately. I like the mint one as it seems to open my sinuses up some.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks gingerMan! I am still debating over whether or not to try it, concerned about it causing headaches...but if it could help me sleep more soundly its worth considering!
Appreciate your response.
Post Reply Post Reply
How do you go about introducing it to the chain? I've played with putting a drop of lavender in the humidifier tank, but the one time I tried it it was WAY too strong and I had to dump the water out.
Post Reply Post Reply
You put a drop or two on a piece of cotton and place it close to the air intake.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:You put a drop or two on a piece of cotton and place it close to the air intake.

Best hope the silicone parts don't absorb what ever you use, You might have to smell it for a Very long time. Tube, hose, mask can be changed. Not so easy with the blower unit. Just a thought Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
Good point!! Might reconsider this option!
(07-21-2015, 04:33 PM)Gru. Wrote:
Quote:You put a drop or two on a piece of cotton and place it close to the air intake.

Best hope the silicone parts don't absorb what ever you use, You might have to smell it for a Very long time. Tube, hose, mask can be changed. Not so easy with the blower unit. Just a thought Dont-know

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-21-2015, 04:33 PM)Gru. Wrote:

That might not be so bad if it were menthol. I grew up with Vicks Vaporub. Found memories. Alas, I can't smell anything now, so it wouldn't help.

Setting aside several cups of distilled water and.putting one drop in that would probably work better. That's my theory,since it would be.more dilute.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [News] WARNING: AROMATHERAPY srlevine1 1 703 10-27-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  aromatherapy oils in cpap machine somnia16 26 22,735 03-23-2021, 02:11 AM
Last Post: Doctor
  Try adding aromatherapy to your treatment if you are new and having trouble nzbnate 19 4,215 07-20-2017, 09:44 PM
Last Post: CB91710
Surprised First full nights sleep thanks to Aromatherapy!!! antcyd 14 21,932 12-03-2015, 04:27 PM
Last Post: cate1898
  CPAP Aromatherapy cowboy1970 6 5,864 08-25-2013, 02:24 PM
Last Post: cowboy1970

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.