Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Aromatherapy With CPAP
RE: Aromatherapy With CPAP
There are products made for aromatherapy for CPAP machines. If one is into that, check out some of the online suppliers. Several of them carry it.

For the silicone components to take on the smell, they would have to actually touch it or have so much of it flow by them it accumulates over time or just by sheer volume at once. The chances of this is slim. Cigarette smoke, on the other hand, is "sticky" so it adheres to surfaces. If you were to physically spray the perfume or whatever into the space beyond the filter, then, yeah, it's gonna "stick" too. But just the smell on a cotton ball? That's going to take a while.

The aromatherapy products goes into the water, I think.

I am so sensitive to smells, the idea of snorting something all night long gives me a headache. But I know a lot of folks who love it!
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
When I've used aromatherapy products around my CPAP machine, I put some on a diffuser pad and put it at the air intake. You have to be careful with the essential oils, because they can gum things up. My suggestion is to put your oils on the diffuser pads away from the machine and then take it back to your bedroom, once you have set up your diffuser pads. I haven't done that for a long time because I have gotten used to the CPAP machine, hose and mask. The Respironics machines are easier to use the aromatherapy products with because of where the filter is and where you place the diffuser pad. I didn't have as good of success with my Resmed S9AutoSet, doesn't mean it won't work with those machines, I just never had luck with it.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I use Eden's Garden Breathe Easier. It's kinda of citrusy. I don't use it every night but when I do, I put several drops of the oil on a cotton pad and place it in a little dish (so the oils don't ruin my table). I set it behind my machine right beside the intake filter.
Post Reply Post Reply
i have used eucalyptus a time or 2. having a cotton ball near my s9 vent is way too strong for me. it is potent enough if the cottonball is located several feet from the otherside of the intake Smile ymmv.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Curious as to what ymmv stands for?.

thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
"your mileage may vary"
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
thank you!
(07-22-2015, 10:25 PM)eseedhouse Wrote: "your mileage may vary"

Post Reply Post Reply
Do not put the blower unit anywhere near a flatulent dog.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
Haha guess you've learned from experience? Big Grinnie

(07-23-2015, 08:28 AM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: Do not put the blower unit anywhere near a flatulent dog.

OMMOHY

-Ailu
Reformed CPAP Outlaw
Post Reply Post Reply
It's aroma "therapy" alright.

It will convince you not to do it again.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [News] WARNING: AROMATHERAPY srlevine1 1 707 10-27-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  aromatherapy oils in cpap machine somnia16 26 22,741 03-23-2021, 02:11 AM
Last Post: Doctor
  Try adding aromatherapy to your treatment if you are new and having trouble nzbnate 19 4,219 07-20-2017, 09:44 PM
Last Post: CB91710
Surprised First full nights sleep thanks to Aromatherapy!!! antcyd 14 21,937 12-03-2015, 04:27 PM
Last Post: cate1898
  CPAP Aromatherapy cowboy1970 6 5,866 08-25-2013, 02:24 PM
Last Post: cowboy1970

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.