Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Deciphering Respironics Humidifier Installation Instructions
Deciphering Respironics Humidifier Installation Instructions
I received a Respironics humidifier (replacement).
The wordless instructions point to someplace on the bottom(? picture doesn't look like the humidifier so it is hard to tell) that I guess I am suppose to read "3.XX" but for what purpose I have no clue.

The next picture shows the humidifier with the lid open, followed by a picture of the lid apparently being dropped into a trash can (??). (It came with a lid attached that did not have the plastic cylinder extending downwards, this is I guess a lid to be used for storage (??)

The next picture shows a close of of the bottom again where I am now suppose to read "2.XX". I have no idea what this is all about.

The next picture shows an open humidifier with the lid with the cylinder (that also came with this humidifier).

You would think the last picture shows the humidifier closed and attached to the CPAP, but no, it shows the lid with the cylinder extending down to where the water would be being placed in what looks like a trash can too.

Anyone understand these instructions?

I've attempted to attach an image of the instructions to this post.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Deciphering Humidifier Installation Instructions
Hi Ermine,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there and someone will be able to help you interpret the pictures on your humidifier soon.
Best of luck figuring that out.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
You bought your CPAP at Ikea, didn't you?
Post Reply Post Reply
LOL That's what I was thinking when I saw the pic.

I don't have that machine and I cannot imagine why they want you to throw away something that was in it.

Plenty of folks here use that machine, though, so help will arrive soon!
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Deciphering Respironics Humidifier Installation Instructions
ermine, I updated your subject line so the right people will see it.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Well, my interpretation of those instructions is that there are two different types of lids for the humidifier tank. If you have a 3.XX version (the picture on the left), use the lid that looks like the left picture and throw the other one out. With a 2.XX version (the picture on the right), use the lid that looks like the right picture and throw the other one out.

Now, I have a Philips Respironics System One 60 Series humidifier, and my tank came with the lid already assembled and no other lid, so I'm just guessing here. Do you actually have two lids? If not, I'd just ignore that paper.
Post Reply Post Reply
Did your replacement tank come with two lids? I'm guessing this cryptic hieroglyphics is trying to tell you which lid to use based on the model of humidifier you have.

Look up replacement water tanks on Supplier #1's web site and it may make more sense.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a Philips unit and my replacement tank comes with two lids. It appears the tank is designed for multiple units with the only difference being the interface between the machine. It took me a minute or two to figure it out when I got my first replacement. It appears (at least in my case) the cheap top gets thrown out and I keep the good one. I'll have to look closer on the next changeout.

Paul
Post Reply Post Reply
There's a page with drawings on it, constituting the instructions that tell you to do exactly what you did.

I'd say read the directions, but in this case you look at the pictures. Dielaughing
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,078 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 231 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 769 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 448 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 789 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Advice Needed With Settings and Deciphering OSCAR Data WhatIsRemSleep 16 947 02-12-2024, 01:04 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 354 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.