Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Artificial Intelligence: food for thought
Question 
Artificial Intelligence: food for thought
AI is quietly being developed for xPAP in the background: AI

I can envisage this going much further.  Thinking-about

I see a lot of folk here who have good numbers, what I call the Green Zone, AHI under 3 or so. But who feel unwell and don't know why. Myself included. I am a little tired of checking my daily data and wondering what next shall I do?

Sci-Fi scenario: 

You get your sleep study.
You create your profile: demographics, age, height, weight, BMI, Male/female/other, nationality, latitude, longitude, cynic, stoic, hedonist, whatever other data is needed for data mining.

Add in Medical data: blood pressure, diabetes, asthma, medication, COPD, medications, and so on.

Add in the results of your diagnostic study: OSA, CA, mixed apneas: full data from PSG uploaded into your profile.

You get allocated the latest PAP machine, this one is called AI-PAP. You have no idea what it does and have no control over it. (not for the control freaks like myself: maybe we could opt out?)

You download the myAI-PAP app.

All your nightly detailed data that we currently see in ResScan and OSCAR automatically gets added to your profile in the Global database, on a daily or weekly basis.

Every morning/evening you go to your myAI-PAP app. Not to see how you did last night, but to enter how you felt.

You enter things like:
Sleep quality: subjective, score say 1-10.
Side effects: headaches, score 0 -10.
Aerophagia: score 0-10.
Bruxism: score 0- 10.
Number of bathroom trips: score 0-10
Sore ears: score 0-10, etc etc

or any other customisable Side Effect profile you may wish to enter:
eg chest pain, heart palpitations, sore legs, restless legs, reflux, nightmares, air hunger, pressure in chest, muscle twitching etc, including your level of fatigue at the end of the day.

Your AI-wearable would record your pO2, (pCO2 hopefully one day) pulse rate and body position.

This gets uploaded to your personal database, de-identified and then sent to the Global Data Mining database. The AI does the rest, adjusting your PAP parameters individualised to your requirements. It would set your machine mode, pressures, pressure support, rate of change of response to events, and more.

You might even be able to set a target goal: eg my AI-PAP aim is to have a Quality of Sleep 7 -10, minimise aerophagia and have no headaches.

The AI does the rest.

I know there will questions asked about privacy, but in reality this no longer exists.

Alternatively, we could envisage this happening without the cloud. You enter the same data into your SD card or PC/Mac AI-PAP app, connect to the AI-PAP machine, and let it do its thing.

Better CPAP compliance, more profits for the big manufacturers in terms of hardware and consumables sold, better health outcomes for health insurers.

Fantasy? 

Of course we would still have OSCAR, this team and this board, and more time for coffee!  Coffee

Thoughts?

Cool Wink
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Well, I thought I had AHI under control... LookingForACleverHandle 15 1,080 03-18-2024, 08:19 PM
Last Post: LookingForACleverHandle
  The Nose Is Weirder Than We Thought Lucid 15 1,589 11-24-2023, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  [Admin Note] Forum Rules addition - Artificial Intelligence (AI) SuperSleeper 5 1,777 06-13-2023, 04:28 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Thought I had this whipped... Computerdoc 4 734 03-05-2022, 02:42 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Surgery for OSA and UARS, help with allergies, food? Cblink19 0 599 02-09-2022, 01:13 PM
Last Post: Cblink19
  [Diagnosis] Not sure/diagnosed but thought to have sleep apnea jvone747 4 706 05-08-2021, 12:11 PM
Last Post: sheepless
  3 days in - not as easy as I thought SleepyTexasGirl 10 1,854 12-22-2019, 11:01 PM
Last Post: ApneaQuestions

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.