Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Asian mask
Asian mask
Hi. hoping anyone knows about different masks for different facial cranial features. I'm an Asian lass and my mask does its fluttering leaks if I settle it in the right place. I have a small-v.small size mask.
I have a button nose :-). My sleep is worse than using the mask Huh
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Asian mask
Hi pardelotte
I'm not sure there is special mask for Asians but won't surprise me if there is one, since most stuffs are made in Asia
Nasal pillows might be a choice since they only rest on the nostrils and not concerned with the shape of the face (also works with beards, but that another thread). As for 'fluttering leaks', try a mask liner
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried a nasal pillow mask?
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to ApneaBoard Pardelotte!!

Might take a look at the new Respironics DreamWear mask. They come in different head gear sizes along with a different kind of 'nasal pillow' that also comes in different sizes. You should be fitted before buying one.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi pardelotte,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Echoing the others, pardelotte, I'd never use a full-face mask unless I was totally unable to use a nasal mask or a nasal pillow mask. Sometimes to make nasal masks work you also need to wear a chin strap, but that's way more desirable than one of those nasty full-face ones.

In my opinion. Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
pardelotte,

If you really need a full face mask, I would try the F&P Simplus mask. If you look at your facial profile and the bridge of your nose is recessed quite a bit from your forehead. If you draw an imaginary line from the depression between your chin and your lower lip to your cheekbones and extend it to your brow and the bridge of your nose is well below the line then you will need the Simplus or a different style of mask like the nasal pillows. The other option might be PRs Fitlife total face mask which covers the mouth and nose but does not seal on the nose.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Greetings,

I agree, really try the nasal pillows as they are not dependent on facial shape only the nostrils. Personally, I like the ResMed Swift LT for Her - Nasal Pillows System; I tried each size of the nasal pillows and like the Medium best. My hubby likes the ResMed Swift FX and does use a chin strap as well.
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,525 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,207 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,747 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help with mask, Definition of EPAP/IPAP and Mask Pressure wesozzzz 1 1,093 11-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  What's the mask setting of Dreamstation for Bleep DreamPort mask? ChinaMan 5 2,423 10-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Last Post: ChinaMan
  Changing mask from p10 resmed to philips respironics: Mask seal issue Visitor 10 4,830 10-11-2019, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Personal Experience On Nasal Mask Compared with Full Face Mask ramphil2019 19 4,528 04-07-2019, 12:01 AM
Last Post: ramphil2019

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.