Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Asked my boss if he is a "Hose Head"
So there I was in a meeting with my Director early morning.  I was sitting in for my direct boss.  I arrived to the board room first and sat down at what I thought was the end of the table and away from the big guy.  Who walked in next?  Yep, the Director and he sat down beside me.  We had the usual small talk about our long Canadian winter and such and then I noticed the faint lines on his check.  I immediately recognized the lines because I sport them every morning (much to the amusement of my colleagues at work.)  Being my usual self, I spoke up. "Sir, may I ask you a personal question."  He replied with "sure." 

"Are you a hose head?" 

"Am I a WHAT?" and looking really confused and wide eyed.

Sh*t I thought to myself.  That was really smooth.  So I just said "oh, I guess you're not a CPAP user"

He then said, "oh yes, I do use CPAP.  Been on it for a few months.  Is that what you call it?  Hose head?"

I replied that was the term the community uses or just plain "hoser" for us Canadians.  (Reference to a Canadian duo back in the 80's)

I then told him I've been on it for close to 2 years and we immediately became the best of friends comparing notes.  I suggested he find this Forum if he really wanted to learn about sleep apnea.

Who would have thought that a cpap machine would get me in tight with the big boss?
Post Reply Post Reply
Doesn't matter what your position is at work; CPAP is the same challenge with a lack of good resources for anyone that has difficulties. Sounds like a nice ice-breaker...that's important for a hoser, eh?
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-02-2017, 07:51 AM)Fedman Wrote: Who would have thought that a cpap machine would get me in tight with the big boss?

Never a bad thing to have something in common with the boss, even if it is just being a hosehead!  like

On a serious note, there are many folk out there that are on Cpap therapy and have no one to talk to, don't know where to start and end up getting taken advantage of by their Doctors and DME's.

This forum serves a very good purpose, and anyone we can direct here is a good thing.   Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

How to Organize and Post ScreenShots

http://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize
https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

(04-02-2017, 07:51 AM)Fedman Wrote: So there I was in a meeting with my Director early morning.  I was sitting in for my direct boss.  I arrived to the board room first and sat down at what I thought was the end of the table and away from the big guy.  Who walked in next?  Yep, the Director and he sat down beside me.  We had the usual small talk about our long Canadian winter and such and then I noticed the faint lines on his check.  I immediately recognized the lines because I sport them every morning (much to the amusement of my colleagues at work.)  Being my usual self, I spoke up. "Sir, may I ask you a personal question."  He replied with "sure." 

"Are you a hose head?" 

"Am I a WHAT?" and looking really confused and wide eyed.

Sh*t I thought to myself.  That was really smooth.  So I just said "oh, I guess you're not a CPAP user"

He then said, "oh yes, I do use CPAP.  Been on it for a few months.  Is that what you call it?  Hose head?"

I replied that was the term the community uses or just plain "hoser" for us Canadians.  (Reference to a Canadian duo back in the 80's)

I then told him I've been on it for close to 2 years and we immediately became the best of friends comparing notes.  I suggested he find this Forum if he really wanted to learn about sleep apnea.

Who would have thought that a cpap machine would get me in tight with the big boss?

How nice for you to meet another cpap user.  It is always neat to have something in common with a coworker.  You are very observant in noticing the mask marks on his face.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's funny, glad it went well with the director!
Post Reply Post Reply
Bob and Doug for the win!
Post Reply Post Reply

Love it!  So what's the US equivalent to "hosehead"?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hose Head! Too-funny
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  gear head related -- supercharger, etc. install coming worn_out_in_lebanon 13 1,987 08-03-2017, 03:07 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  as BiLevel48 asked here is origin of common tech terms Mark Douglas 1 606 05-04-2015, 09:39 AM
Last Post: AlanE