Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Asleep in 6 minutes?
Asleep in 6 minutes?
I frequently have events upon first falling asleep. But last night apparently I fell asleep and had three events within the first 6 minutes? I had zero events the next four hours and my AHI for the night was 3.2.  Not worried about this as O2 sat is rarely  below 90% and is mostly around 95% but many of my events are right after I fall asleep. Is there a reason for this?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Asleep in 6 minutes?
I'm not buying those are OA events. They appear to be sleep onset centrals and a flow response was recorded to the timed breaths. Looks like things continue to work pretty well for you now that you got dialed in.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree. Last night I turned off flex  and set rise time for 1 and my AHI for the first four hours was one. I always get a few events at the end of the night because I am awake or half awake then so I wind up with 3.2. Thanks again for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
You are doing fine, all I can say is I wish I could fall asleep in 6 minutes!   Thinking-about
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
The only time I'm asleep by 6 minutes would be via the hospital during surgical sedation.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think the amount of time required to go to sleep while utilizing a xPAP device is related directly to how long you've been receiving the therapy.  While a new user may require several minutes to self adjust and drop off, I only require a few seconds - unless the NPR station I go to sleep to is playing an opera!  Oh-jeez  In which case I have to get out of bed and turn the radio off!   Annoyed-and-disappointed
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
Before CPAP I could fall asleep eating dinner.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Better improve your cooking skills.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night I had no C or O apneas and HI was2.3.  My O2 sat average was 98.3.  Only took six months of titration to get here.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Keep it up.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Trouble staying asleep with CPAP sarahsleeps 46 2,144 04-12-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Improvement after adjustments - still can't stay asleep DKane 0 74 04-12-2024, 09:55 AM
Last Post: DKane
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 10 353 04-02-2024, 01:41 PM
Last Post: DKane
  Predicting overnight minimum SP02 before falling asleep dfunk 0 110 04-02-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: dfunk
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 380 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 981 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  [CPAP] Month on CPAP can't stay asleep Trep1018 1 182 03-08-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.