Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Assistance getting sub 5 AHI on new machine
RE: Assistance getting sub 5 AHI on new machine
Try and get some Flex in.
Post Reply Post Reply
Lord Bonjour, you rock.

Cervical collar worked a treat.

APAP 8-15 C-Flex 1

Still a high number of RERAs, so over the next few nights I will trial upping the C-Flex to 2 and 3.

Thanks again,
Damian.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night: Auto 8-15, Cflex 2. 
Change was Flex 1 to 2.

And started doing some data analysis for correlations. I wanted to see how each factor may be linked. Looking for correlations. I'll keep tracking this for a bit to see if it is consistent. I need to do multiple days between changes to verify things properly.

Once median pressure settles I'll adjust my lower limit to it. Too early at this point. 

All other input welcome.

D.
Post Reply Post Reply
Raising minimum pressure should help to clean out hypopnea and some OA The Philps machines are not very good at getting ahead of those events, and hypopena is the most common thing we see with minimum pressure too low. Take it up in 0.5 cm increments and settle where you feel good and events are reduced. For now, minimum pressure 8.5.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the assist SleepRider, that's looking much better.

Still getting a lot of RERA, so I think I'll bump the Flex up to 3 to see if it helps. It aint no Resmed...

Thanks all,
Damian.
Post Reply Post Reply
Keep at it. The RERA should reduce next. I think you're heading to 9.0 if you're still comfortable. I don't think Flex is the answer to the RERA because the Philips does not give more pressure relief with higher Flex, it just changes the timing. i would just move the pressure needle 0.5 and we can try a flex experiment later. You might even fine that setting the minimum and maximum pressure at 9.0 is better than Auto mode at 9-15. I agree this is getting very close.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You are getting all the help you can from flex, the difference between 2 and 3 will be your perception of comfort. Minor bumps in pressure is what you have to work with and SR is extremely good at this. Follow his lead.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you both.

Last night was an AHI of 1.1.

I'm travelling at the moment, so no graphs. End of the week I'll come back with those. 

With respect to Flex, may I lower it or do I still need the 'support' that Philips don't provide properly?

D>
Post Reply Post Reply
I always used a Flex setting of 1 or 2.  It is there for your comfort, but Respironics machines just don't do a good job at exhale pressure relief compared to ResMed's EPR.

If you are using Flex 2, you can try 1 and see how it feels, or if it affects your numbers.  I think you need it either way.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Opalrose. I'll reduce to flex 1 tonight and see how it goes.

Last night was 1.4 but no graphs for a few days. Pretty happy with the awesome help all have provided. I'm definitely very close and beyond this is just nitpicking.

Regards,
Damian
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 428 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  [Treatment] Interpreting OSCAR data - any assistance would be incredibly appreciated :) SleepyVoyager 20 901 02-29-2024, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Wink [CPAP] NEW USER - Assistance Needed Interpreting OSCAR Data tommythecat 1 278 02-17-2024, 12:55 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
Question [Diagnosis] NEWBIE Looking for first diagnosis assistance Gothenburg85 5 344 02-16-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: Gothenburg85
  AutoSV data interpretation assistance needed PappaJoe 21 687 02-11-2024, 09:38 AM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  [CPAP] Assistance with OSCAR Data runnermeep 17 763 01-31-2024, 04:43 PM
  New to BiPAP, hoping for titration assistance? (Probable UARS) Easing5319 13 1,016 01-06-2024, 03:57 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.