Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Assistance getting sub 5 AHI on new machine
RE: Assistance getting sub 5 AHI on new machine
Limiting Max out of caution to prevent a runaway to full machine pressure simply because you are on a fixed pressure. I like one night of 20 max in general just to see how one responds, followed by setting a better pressure, Personally I run with machine max and rarely doe it move more than 1cmw.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello all,

ResMed AirSense™ 10 AutoSet™ rental on the way. This should help establish if this will be enough before making the BIPAP/VAUTO jump.

Suggested start settings? 8-15 EPR3 or something like that I presume.

Regards,
Damian.
Post Reply Post Reply
Damian, no need to over-think this. It just works well for most people. Your settings sound fine, and we will see if there is anything else to do once we see results. Most people are just surprised how easy it is to adapt to Resmed when moving from Philips. I'm one of them.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Sleeprider.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Sandmen,

ResMed S10 Autoset rental sitting here.

Set with default 4-20 with EPR 3.

Sleep tight, sweet dreams and I'll report back tomorrow with some pretty picture.

Cheers,
D.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well good news and bad news.

I'll start with the bad news. The picture is boring as it shows no events. NO EVENTS. NO EVENTS!!!

I guess I don't need any good news after that  Smile

AHI of 0.0. And looking at my flow graph my breathing is much smoother. 

Thanks for the patience of all trying to help me get the Philips setup right. As stated in the very earliest posts from bonjour, sleeprider and others "Can you swap it for a ResMed?" No surprise, they were right.

Still early days, only one night of data but I'll take it.

Thanks,
Damian.
Post Reply Post Reply
First, I think a minimum pressure of 6.0 with EPR 2 would be more appropriate, and a minimum of 7 with EPR 3 is fine.  A minimum pressure of 4 is just too low and does not allow the EPR to do its magic.  Beyond that I think it's time for a before and after shot of Philips vs Resmed.  I sometimes feel guilty of being a Resmed fan, but this is why.  Apnea Board strikes again.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=20342]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=20922]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
FYI I use a formula for the min pressure setting

Min = 4 + EPR, note that 4 is the minimum pressure for the machine, higher values are fine but min should not be lower than Min = 4 + EPR without a very specific reason.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good morning,

Another good night. 

Few more artifacts this time around but the AHI & RDI are both excellent.

Cheers,
D>
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks really good, but a few more hours would be better. Do you typically get up before 3:00 AM?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 426 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  [Treatment] Interpreting OSCAR data - any assistance would be incredibly appreciated :) SleepyVoyager 20 895 02-29-2024, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Wink [CPAP] NEW USER - Assistance Needed Interpreting OSCAR Data tommythecat 1 277 02-17-2024, 12:55 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
Question [Diagnosis] NEWBIE Looking for first diagnosis assistance Gothenburg85 5 343 02-16-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: Gothenburg85
  AutoSV data interpretation assistance needed PappaJoe 21 687 02-11-2024, 09:38 AM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  [CPAP] Assistance with OSCAR Data runnermeep 17 763 01-31-2024, 04:43 PM
  New to BiPAP, hoping for titration assistance? (Probable UARS) Easing5319 13 1,015 01-06-2024, 03:57 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.