Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Assistance needed for set up
RE: Assistance needed for set up
LAST NIGHT WAS BAD

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
A strong indication of positional apnea last night.  
This is most likely from chin tucking and we see the best results from the use of a loose fitting soft cervical collar.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-10-2019, 10:11 AM)bonjour Wrote: A strong indication of positional apnea last night.  
This is most likely from chin tucking and we see the best results from the use of a loose fitting soft cervical collar.

Fred

Youre right. I was cold. Was thinking the same thing!  
Let's see how tonight goes
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night....feel asleep before I put on mask so didnt get a full night.

Lots of CAs though

Post Reply Post Reply
Remember what I said about Central events, they WILL be inconsistent.

I would like to see a week of data before we try an tweak it. If CA is more persistent we may bump your pressure down a little. but we really should wait.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-11-2019, 02:04 PM)bonjour Wrote: Remember what I said about Central events, they WILL be inconsistent.

I would like to see a week of data before we try an tweak it.  If CA is more persistent we may bump your pressure down a little.  but we really should wait.

Fred

Thank you Fred. You've been holding me in the right direction all along.
Gonna keep settings as is......

FYI....my new machine Is on the way. I requested an Airsense 10. Hope that's what's coming!
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you mean AutoSet?  Airsense 10 is a product line, including machines that you do not want.

Do not want AirSense™ 10 CPAP (Refuse this)

• ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (best choice) (E0601) (Fixed CPAP, Auto CPAP)

• ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her (best choice) (E0601) (Fixed CPAP, Auto CPAP)

• ResMed AirSense™ 10 Elite CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier (37205) (E0601) (Fixed CPAP)
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-11-2019, 03:16 PM)bonjour Wrote: Did you mean AutoSet?  Airsense 10 is a product line, including machines that you do not want.

Do not want AirSense™ 10 CPAP (Refuse this)

• ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (best choice) (E0601) (Fixed CPAP, Auto CPAP)

• ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her (best choice) (E0601) (Fixed CPAP, Auto CPAP)

• ResMed AirSense™ 10 Elite CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier (37205) (E0601) (Fixed CPAP)

Yes .Was just confirmed  Autoset!
Post Reply Post Reply
With the Autoset I'd suggest mimicking the settings on your CPAP, but with a lower min.

You have handled the EPR 3 well so I'm thinking 10 - 12.4 range with EPR 3.  By doing this we will allow the AutoSet to vary the pressure to manage your obstructive apnea and keep your pressure at or below your CPAP.  Remember we set the CPAP pressure to eliminate some CA events that seemed to trigger when over that pressure.

Curious to see what settings it comes in with.  The AutoSet is a great machine for obstructive apnea, It will do nothing for your central events, the same as your CPAP.  Your CA will still be consistently inconsistent.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply

[attachment=9806]

I am on a bath path......AHI going up and more CAs 
Tired.......
I know it hasnt been a week of charts.....but here goes....

Im thinking of turning off the EPR for tonight based on past experience with my Dreamstation.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,515 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 143 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 426 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 97 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  Help needed SteveC 23 1,062 03-02-2024, 05:16 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  [Treatment] Interpreting OSCAR data - any assistance would be incredibly appreciated :) SleepyVoyager 20 895 02-29-2024, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  help needed teamarliss 7 290 02-25-2024, 10:11 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.