Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Assistance needed for set up
RE: Assistance needed for set up

(01-13-2019, 11:02 AM)Mttnkatt Wrote: I am on a bath path......AHI going up and more CAs 
Tired.......
I know it hasnt been a week of charts.....but here goes....

Im thinking of turning off the EPR for tonight based on past experience with my Dreamstation.

Up til they repo'd my machine the settings were 13-18 , with EPR off,
my readings were pretty consistent below 5 with minimal CAs ...
I dont undertstand the rest and could be off on other areas.....But Im tired.....waking up tired.....
Post Reply Post Reply
Most of this OA is positional and NOT a function of EPR.  

read this http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea

and this http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea

Your Flow limits are up which suggest that you may want more EPR but you are limited to 3.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-13-2019, 11:32 AM)bonjour Wrote: Most of this OA is positional and NOT a function of EPR.  

read this http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea

and this http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea

Your Flow limits are up which suggest that you may want more EPR but you are limited to 3.

Fred

IM just trying to understand the CAs  as well
Why wasnt I having them with no EPR?
Post Reply Post Reply
Way back you went from EPR of 2 to EPR of 3 with essentially no impact on Centrals, implying that you were not sensitive to that pressure change as far as you Centrals were concerned.

If you want to trial EPR 0 feel free.  It will always be good to know.

Remember your Exhale pressure manages Obstructive events.  To maintain your obstructive therapeutic pressure you will need to subtract the EPR from the Pressure setting of 12.4 thus 124 - 3 = 9.4

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
Even in your bad last night you were having them but at the insignificant level of .55 as compared to your equally insignificant level of .24 in your original charts.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Fred   I'm learning...
Still have a long way to go, just want to feel better!
Post Reply Post Reply
Just an FYI your doctor will want to see consistent CA at over 5 CAHI and an Obstructive under 5 before considering treating your CA.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-13-2019, 11:02 AM)Mttnkatt Wrote: I am on a bath path......AHI going up and more CAs 
Tired.......
I know it hasnt been a week of charts.....but here goes....

Im thinking of turning off the EPR for tonight based on past experience with my Dreamstation.

I think you need more pressure when on your back the elite is not an auto machine so does not adjust pressure during the night and it looks like you need more pressure to solve your Hypopnea and obstructive apnoea I would increase your pressure by 1cm
Post Reply Post Reply
Agree on treating OA alone but we dropped pressure because 13cm seems to be a trigger point where CA nearly doubles.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry missed the ca increases due to pressure
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to BiPAP, hoping for titration assistance? (Probable UARS) Easing5319 15 1,170 04-17-2024, 05:43 PM
Last Post: jkossis
  APAP Titration Help Needed dosertg07 2 180 04-09-2024, 11:45 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Chart help needed SteveC 4 202 04-07-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  [Diagnosis] Second opinion on study is needed please Abdulfakih 17 400 04-04-2024, 08:42 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Help needed how to use cpap on a plane June11 3 197 04-02-2024, 11:09 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,696 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 189 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.