Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Assistance needed for set up
RE: Assistance needed for set up

(01-13-2019, 03:32 PM)bonjour Wrote: Agree on treating OA alone but we dropped pressure because 13cm seems to be a trigger point where CA nearly doubles.

Fred

Fred...thank you again...I really appreciate your time...

I have to ask though.....Are you confusing me with someone else?
I really never had a problem with CAs...

Like I said earlier Ive been using the Dreamstation since last March until Nov...
My AHI was pretty steady at below 5 using min 13, and the machine would boost up to maybe 17, EPR off
CAs were minimal

This all began with this Resmed Elite and when I first began using it I had it set to 13 with EPR at 2 and did ok...

The lower pressure and higher EPR has increased my AHI daily and also increased the CAs
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-13-2019, 03:08 PM)jaswilliams Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 11:02 AM)Mttnkatt Wrote: I am on a bath path......AHI going up and more CAs 
Tired.......
I know it hasnt been a week of charts.....but here goes....

Im thinking of turning off the EPR for tonight based on past experience with my Dreamstation.

I think you need more pressure when on your back the elite is not an auto machine so does not adjust pressure during the night and it looks like you need more pressure to solve your Hypopnea and obstructive apnoea I would increase your pressure by 1
Tonight Im going to 13 EPR 1  thinking about none
Post Reply Post Reply
A  h i was 5.3 last night with settings at 13 with an EPR of 1 I couldn't get any other readings I forgot to put my SD card in
Post Reply Post Reply

Got my new machine Airsense 10 Autoset...
So far so good
Set it at 12-18
EPR off
First night went well...
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-13-2019, 06:54 PM)Mttnkatt Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 03:32 PM)bonjour Wrote: Agree on treating OA alone but we dropped pressure because 13cm seems to be a trigger point where CA nearly doubles.

Fred

Fred...thank you again...I really appreciate your time...

I have to ask though.....Are you confusing me with someone else?
I really never had a problem with CAs...

Like I said earlier Ive been using the Dreamstation since last March until Nov...
My AHI was pretty steady at below 5 using min 13, and the machine would boost up to maybe 17, EPR off
CAs were minimal

This all began with this Resmed Elite and when I first began using it I had it set to 13 with EPR at 2 and did ok...

The lower pressure and higher EPR has increased my AHI daily and also increased the CAs

Thinking I insulted Bonjour?
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been out and running around, not including a day when I was "flushing" well and basically slept all day.

You've got the right idea, try it and adjust from there. The Autoset is working well. I would consider raising Min to 13, maybe going higher in the future, or as another option Raise Min by 1 and add 1 to EPR, then add 1 to both min and epr again, then repeat a 3rd time looking for which provides you the most comfort. Nice that the very few CA events you have are at the very end (SWJ) or evenly distributed and don't seem to be associated with pressure.

No not insulted.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2019, 03:05 PM)bonjour Wrote: I've been out and running around, not including a day when I was "flushing" well and basically slept all day.

You've got the right idea, try it and adjust from there.  The Autoset is working well.  I would consider raising Min to 13, maybe going higher in the future, or as another option Raise Min by 1 and add 1 to EPR, then add 1 to both min and epr again, then repeat a 3rd time looking for which provides you the most comfort.  Nice that the very few CA events you have are at the very end (SWJ) or evenly distributed and don't seem to be associated with pressure.

No not insulted.  

Fred

Thank you....glad youre ok!

I was thinking exactly what you said...
I would love my AHI to be lower......gonna play a bit and see what works...
I guess this is what its all about.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Assistance needed for set up/progress

My best night ever....Been trying little changes to see what works
EPR on/off

this is 13-18 EPR off...this is the 2nd night at this setting...first night I had a 4.1 AHI

Comments?  Advice?
Post Reply Post Reply
The most important thing here is how do you feel?   Don't chase numbers.  Make changes only in an attempt to improve your comfort.

Based on numbers you need no changes.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-26-2019, 01:42 PM)bonjour Wrote: The most important thing here is how do you feel?   Don't chase numbers.  Make changes only in an attempt to improve your comfort.

Based on numbers you need no changes.

Fred

Im feeling pretty good!!   Thanks for asking Fred
I hope this keeps up...gonna leave things alone for awhile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,518 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 144 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 427 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 97 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  Help needed SteveC 23 1,062 03-02-2024, 05:16 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  [Treatment] Interpreting OSCAR data - any assistance would be incredibly appreciated :) SleepyVoyager 20 895 02-29-2024, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  help needed teamarliss 7 290 02-25-2024, 10:11 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.