Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Assistance with my configuration
RE: Assistance with my configuration
Wow Sleeprider that is really impressive! Hopefully I can get the same experience in the future.

@Dave that would be awesome I am looking forward to this getting sorted so I can just see if this works or not. 

Surprisingly going back to fixed pressure I am absolutely smashed from last night, I just want to crawl under my desk and pass out. Supposedly they wanted to show the sleep doc that it is now working I guess this is one way to do it.. Also managed to record 16minutes of snoring last night, the most I have got since I started was 1 minute.. Wasn't sure if it was accurate until I looked at the snore graph.

Post Reply Post Reply
Charts don't look too bad, but as you know, the rest of the story is about how you feel. I've said it to lots of others, if your therapy is poor complain about it until the doc's eyes and ears bleed. Maybe they'd do something just for us to be quiet then. Complaints, when legitimate, can be helpful. Yours are and they can, so it's not doubt I'm implying. As is, I look forward to a different docs perspective on my situ. That's after visit 1 with the new doc that isn't willing to go forward with a new machine. I mean I got a machine but it's identical to the ASV I have. Just be of a mind to always fight for what you know you need.

Happy Thanksgiving to you in Oz.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Holding out hope that that inspires you to push through the resistance and ignorance that keeps you from getting the therapy you need.  There is light at the end of the tunnel.  And even if every silver lining has a touch of gray, you can become whole and feel good again.  Continue to fight.  Get what you need and don't let the bastards (with doctor titles) get you down.  They really don't know what they are doing.

Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Dave, happy thanksgiving to you all!

Surprisingly I feel worse than I normally have since I started and I have a sore throat (unsure if related to the snoring perhaps? This is the first time I have had a sore throat since starting normally it would just get dry if I was mouth breathing).

@Sleeprider,

Doesn't look like it took very long for them to get an initial awesome result, even if it took slightly longer to make it stick properly.

I was thinking if I get to the end of my stuff with the sleep doc in January and I still don't have ASV I will just either force them to give it to me with my prescription my doc gave or go somewhere else. It almost sounded like they are scared of the sleep doc and upsetting him by giving me the ASV..

I just remembered they also said what if we gave you ASV and my heart stopped (I think they are referring to that study) and I said considering I can run for 5 hours non stop I think that's more likely to have made my heart stop vs the machine. My personal doc said basically the same thing.
Post Reply Post Reply
You are not going to have a heart problem. Tell them to either test for ejection fraction using an ECG, or get off their ass and prescribe what you need. The risk group is very small. It is defined as "congestive heart failure patients with LVEF < 45%. If your doctor really doesn't have a clue, fire him.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Potentially getting somewhere. The sleep doc who didn't want to see me until January just had office call to say he wanted to see me tomorrow. I guess telling the CPAP place to sort it out did something. Wish me luck!

Yea, my doc looked at it and said he doubts I need an echocardiogram but if someone wanted it that he could request one be done. He said considering how active I am he thinks if I had that level of failure I would have basically dropped already.
Post Reply Post Reply
If these docs over here keep giving me ASVs, rest assured there is not any heart danger from ASV.

They are attempting to avoid giving you ASV. Push back and demand it. Or fire them. My new RT said that in my area, the docs are timid and don't wish to push limits. Until the patient pushes for higher machines, they just sit and wait you out. I have it to do, and it seems you do as well.

New meaning to turkey dinner, roast 'em.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Haha the CPAP shop called me to tell me I have missed today’s appointment (the one they canceled yesterday). I told them again what happened and they said they wanted to do a download. Went to the shop and said I feel like crap she looked at my pressure and went what the hell.. I said the lady on the phone yesterday told me to set it to 8.4 she said I should be more likely on 10.4. I also said I have aerophagia from the cpap and she had no idea what that was...

Looks like I have found Clown Town in Australia if anyone else is looking.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I guess she is going to treat CA with more pressure.  Nice logic   Dont-know
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I said the cpap has given me aerophagia she said what’s that

Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 426 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  [Treatment] Interpreting OSCAR data - any assistance would be incredibly appreciated :) SleepyVoyager 20 895 02-29-2024, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Wink [CPAP] NEW USER - Assistance Needed Interpreting OSCAR Data tommythecat 1 277 02-17-2024, 12:55 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
Question [Diagnosis] NEWBIE Looking for first diagnosis assistance Gothenburg85 5 341 02-16-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: Gothenburg85
  AutoSV data interpretation assistance needed PappaJoe 21 687 02-11-2024, 09:38 AM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  [CPAP] Assistance with OSCAR Data runnermeep 17 763 01-31-2024, 04:43 PM
  New to BiPAP, hoping for titration assistance? (Probable UARS) Easing5319 13 1,015 01-06-2024, 03:57 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.