Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Assistance with my configuration
RE: Assistance with my configuration
Not surprised. The RT that set my original ASV up had no idea how to set it according to the script. She got stuck on settings that ResMed ASV doesn't have like IPAP. I got home and reset it in 3 mins. and commenced to a month long self titration. The results were good for what was needed then.

Now with my new DME, I've got one that really knows what she's doing. She sounds like a patient advocate and one to fight to get what the patient needs. Keep listening here and you'll be a very good self advocate. Fight for what you know is needed. Have a great Thanksgiving day.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well that was a complete waste of time. Sleep doc refused to listen to me after I repeated over and over "I wake up I try to record the time I woke up, every time I have recorded the time it was immediately after a central" he just kept saying no no its ok. I said no it's not ok if I am waking up. He would then say but your AHI is under 5 and I said I don't care what the AHI is if I feel like crap and I am literally waking up and you are telling me the central is not the cause when it is because I recorded it. I said I feel worse than I did since I started because I feel equality as exhausted and now I have a sore stomach every day from aerophagia.

Basically he wants me to go on fixed pressure for a month before he will give me an ASV to trial..

He tried to give me a piece of paper with a sleep psychologist on it.. This guy is literally a joke.. What's the point of spending your whole life studying if you are just going to be useless at it and not even bother to listen. Makes me wonder how many people are suffering because of people like this. Seriously such a waste of potential talent.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's a well known fact that central apnea is a psychological disorder. Just be calm, and try to speak in your doctor's native tongue. Repeat after me..."quack"
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Get your Nikes on and run to someone else. Just say NO! or stuff it or whatever to get dummy's attention. I Have CA! Treat It!

Hey you're not alone. When the previous doc stated my problem with the machine is "it could be broke" or "maybe you just think it's not working right, change how you think about therapy". Which of the 2 responses applies to "the machine wakes me every 2-3 hours"? No, actually I thought about what other doc is taking new patients. And I went somewhere else.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I really feel for you they’re are reasons why various people on here have bought their own ASV machine
Post Reply Post Reply
Really such a nightmare to deal. Had to visit my doctor today because I managed to injure myself and needed an X-ray. Told him what happened and he wasn’t happy at all, he referred me to an old doctor he used to work with who now practices sleep medicine. He was saying the one I went to is supposed to be one of the best in the country but he is a professor now and seems he is stuck in “research” mode and not helping people mode. Seems pointless to practice if you are just going to ignore what your patients are saying. My doc was confused why he wanted me to suffer for another month if he could just give me the ASV now and find out if it works or not now rather than later.

Will give the new sleep doc a call on Monday to see when I can get him to review my sleep study and data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Turns out the new sleep doc has retired. Guess its time to go back to the doc to get another referral and hope he knows someone else good.

Really not a fan of fixed pressure something feels off.. but this is what the current sleep doc wants me to do for a month. Aerophagia still feels bad. And now I am having a really bad last few days with leaks etc (I somehow managed to completely throw my mask off last night).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
In a case like this, you should just open the clinical menu and reset the pressures, etc. to what worked best. Dr. Dope has no clue what a good pressure set looks like, and I'd care less if he wants you to use it a month or not. End the suffering.

Consider throwing doc instead of mask. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
The pressure is not annoying at the time but wake up sore so not ideal. Would love to throw the doc that sounds great Big Grin

He seemed to think the CA (The CA I had in the first place) is/was going to go away, it doesn't look any better at all.

What is the point of fixed pressure? It seems almost pointless if the machine can be set to auto or does it actually serve a purpose?
Post Reply Post Reply
Some do actually need straight CPAP pressure. You don't seem like one of them.

Treatment emergent Central Apnea do diminish over time. Doc does know a little about CA but it's just enough to be dangerous, stupid, or both. Last I recall, we'd not labeled your CA as treatment emergent.

You're in charge of your therapy, so set it to give the best results and comfort. If doc bothers to ask, explain your reason.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 426 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  [Treatment] Interpreting OSCAR data - any assistance would be incredibly appreciated :) SleepyVoyager 20 892 02-29-2024, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Wink [CPAP] NEW USER - Assistance Needed Interpreting OSCAR Data tommythecat 1 276 02-17-2024, 12:55 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
Question [Diagnosis] NEWBIE Looking for first diagnosis assistance Gothenburg85 5 341 02-16-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: Gothenburg85
  AutoSV data interpretation assistance needed PappaJoe 21 687 02-11-2024, 09:38 AM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  [CPAP] Assistance with OSCAR Data runnermeep 17 763 01-31-2024, 04:43 PM
  New to BiPAP, hoping for titration assistance? (Probable UARS) Easing5319 13 1,014 01-06-2024, 03:57 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.