Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Assistance with my configuration
RE: Assistance with my configuration
I see. I tried turning EPR off and having it different levels but nothing worked. I also tried fixed pressure for a week and that didn't work either. I think some had mentioned it looked like I also had idiopathic central apnea from my sleep study. I think my CAI was 5.2 from the study. When I mentioned this to sleep doc he didn't even care and ignored me. I told all of this to the sleep doc and he ignored everything and said going on fixed for a month would def work. I feel like going through to the end of the month for it to not work and prove him wrong (should have got it in writing for a better effect when I shove it back at him)

If it didn't wake me up I probably wouldn't care, but it is waking me up and waking up is probably going to not help me feel better in the morning. So if I can eliminate it and i feel better then that's a good thing, if I eliminate it and still feel like rubbish then I would look at something else.

I feel like if we find a good sleep doc we need to keep the names/contact details somewhere for others because they seem to be difficult to find haha
Post Reply Post Reply
I have recommended fixed pressure and no EPR to a number of people, with the idea it sometimes helps reduce CA events. It either works or it doesn't. I think we crossed this bridge with you a long time ago and did not correlate an improvement in therapy with either of those strategies. I know where your doctor is coming from, and it's not unfounded, but eventually you just have to conclude this dog (CPAP) don't hunt, and move on. I don't really understand his resistance to ASV. It doesn't come out of his pocket, it just solves the problem.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yea it’s really confusing why he wanted to wait another month, my doc said what’s the point of waiting a month when I can just do it now. And yea, I would be the one paying for it not him.
Post Reply Post Reply
Frustrating as it is, keep pushing for the ASV. It's a shame you've got to fight bad therapy and a stubborn doc. It's a real shame when docs have pride and stubbornness that get in the way of proper treatment for patients.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 440 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  [Treatment] Interpreting OSCAR data - any assistance would be incredibly appreciated :) SleepyVoyager 20 902 02-29-2024, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Wink [CPAP] NEW USER - Assistance Needed Interpreting OSCAR Data tommythecat 1 279 02-17-2024, 12:55 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
Question [Diagnosis] NEWBIE Looking for first diagnosis assistance Gothenburg85 5 347 02-16-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: Gothenburg85
  AutoSV data interpretation assistance needed PappaJoe 21 689 02-11-2024, 09:38 AM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  [CPAP] Assistance with OSCAR Data runnermeep 17 766 01-31-2024, 04:43 PM
  New to BiPAP, hoping for titration assistance? (Probable UARS) Easing5319 13 1,017 01-06-2024, 03:57 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.