Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

At Home Sleep Apnea Tests
RE: At Home Sleep Apnea Tests
I now feel like it was a waste of money.  No one told me that after doing that home test, I would still be required to go into sleep lab for full study “to be fitted w mask and machine and determine settings”. So I did both, struggling, so after 2 months Dr wanted to have me in sleep lab for 3rd study to switch to bipap. I feel like it is all such a racket.  Had they told me I would still have to go in overnight after the home test, I would have skipped that.
In-home made sense to me at the time as allergist wanted done in my bed, in my environment, due to all my allergies.
Post Reply Post Reply
The second study you refer to would be a titration, a different study than the at home sleep study, it's basically part 2 to determine pressures.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Home sleep studies are good for obstructive apnea which it sounds like yours would be.

That said I am not a fan of the watchpat home sleep studies as they don't directly measure breathing issues. Resmed Apnealink or Philips Respironics Alice Nightone are better imo.

In clinic sleep studies are only required for more complicated cases, diagnosing non apnea sleep issues or performing a titration study.
Post Reply Post Reply
The other purpose of a titration study is to prove efficacy of a more 3x0ensive machine.
I this case the doc mentioned BiLevel, the question is which one.

On titration we can help you titrate any apnea sleep machine.

79th. Please start a new thread so we don't confuse your issues with the OP's even though they are similar
Post Reply Post Reply
Are any of the Level III Home Sleep Tests available to be purchased without a doctor's order?
Post Reply Post Reply
You can get a level III home test online (maybe $200 or so for the watchpat, not sure if resmed or respironics sell direct-to-consumer. I had a level III test done (sleep clinic said to come in for level I because my symptoms were mostly REM behavior, but insurance said no) and skipped the titration study. this was right around when the respironics recall was announced though, my doc told me the sleep clinic was prescribing APAP to cut down on overnight studies.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi deertzvi,

Thanks for your reply. I ordered a home test kit that does not require a doctor's order. I purchased the Home Sleep Study from cpapmyway.com.
I'll let everyone know how it goes!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Dave.  Isn’t that second part usually done same night as in-lab study tho? As part of the whole.?? No?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 2 83 Yesterday, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 219 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 528 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 349 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 608 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 6 287 03-23-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Obstructive Sleep Apnea After Stroke Help MB123 1 74 03-23-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dormeo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.