Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

At a lost
At a lost
Hi everyone,

I have issues with my CPAP treatment .  I have been trying on and off for now more than 3 years.  I join my last 2 days as attachments.  The numbers are very different from one night to another.  I feel a bit down .  Plus, I have pain in my nose, up to the sinuses.  Does someone have ideas to help with that?  And can someone understand what mean those awfully weird results.?

Attached Files
.csv   OSCAR__Summary_2023-03-16.csv (Size: 648 bytes / Downloads: 10)
.csv   OSCAR_M_Summary_2023-03-17.csv (Size: 646 bytes / Downloads: 1)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: At a lost
Sabee, would you please attach an image of your Oscar Daily Detail Data? I do not want to interpret from CSV data. Instruction for organizing your Oscar chart and attaching a file/image are in my signature links below.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you,

I am not used to a Mac.  Now I think it will work, I hope. Here is the 17th

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Almost there. Next time be sure to include the left column (Daily Sidebar F8) so we have the settings and respiratory statistics.

You are using your Airsense Autoset with a pressure range of 5.0 to 8.0 and a EPR of 2. The machine immediately seeks the highest set pressure limit and stays there, so we can be pretty sure you are going to need higher pressure. In addition, we see numerous obstructive apnea in clusters that indicate a positional aspect to your apnea. These apnea are preceeded by very high flow limitation before the apnea clusters which further supports the positional theory. Finally the leaks are out of control for a lot of the night. If you are going to find any satisfaction in using CPAP, we have to deal with all these issues.

Let's start with pressure. Set your machine to Autoset Standard mode at minimum 8.0, maximum 14.0 and EPR 3. This will give the machine some chance to keep your airway open when obstruction is encountered, and the increased EPR will help with both comfort and flow limitations.

Read the Positional Apnea article under Optimizing Therapy and note the pattern of apnea in the examples. Try to analyze what head and neck positions cause airway restriction. Consider removing pillows or using a lower height. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea
Read the Soft Cervical Collar (SCC) Wiki and consider looking at some of the linked reviews. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar

A soft cervical is likely needed, but some members have successfully tackled this problem by simply adjusting sleep position or even preventing back-sleeping. Your leaks graph suggests you are opening your mouth and air is rushing out, rather than a leak of the actual cushion. This has to be dealt with or you will need a full face or hybrid option that covers the mouth. The SCC may help this problem by encouraging the jaw to remain closed. I realize this is a pretty intimidating list of changes you need to make your CPAP therapy work, but you have a lot of company on this forum that have had to do these things.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much.  For your help and your patience.  I already bought a collar, waiting for it to arrive.  I will remember to put the left chart next time (if I need another one ;-) ).

I never sleep on back, my Doctor who analysed my sleep even asked me why !!!  I don't know.  My pillow is a feather one, I keep it flat.  But sleeping on my side, I think that I just put my chin down.  

And thank you too for your encouragement : " you have a lot of company on this forum that have had to do these things."

I think I may have to consider the fullface, but I'd really hate that.  I hope the collar will do the job.

Thanks again,

Sabee
Post Reply Post Reply
If you think the nasal mask leaks through the seal, then the Resmed Airfit P10 is an extremely comfortable, lightweight mask, especially suited to side-sleepers. It is much easier to keep sealed while a nasal mask that covers the nose tends to get knocked around. If you have the option to try one, consider this a recommendation.

Chin-tucking while on your side is fairly common, and easier to resolve. I also use a feather pillow and have found you can pull a corner of the pillow between your shoulder and jaw and this will prevent tucking, as long as it stays in position. Give it a try tonight.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks I will check for the air P10.  Now I am taking a break as I have pain that awakes me in my nose.  Up, like almost between the eyes.  An ENT gave me a spray with cortisone and it seemed to get worse.  They also told me to put nose gel and spray like Rhinaris but the pain is like I received a punch, not like my nose is dry.  I'm afraid I will have to come to the full face or mouth mask.  :-( .  

In the meantime I still wait for the collar and then I will see what problems will still be there. 

I can't tell you enough how it helps to have this help on the board.  

Sabee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Lost weight, no doc, can't get my settings right... japesinjapan 9 271 03-21-2024, 01:52 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Lost Red Pressure Graph Line ejbpesca 5 368 11-09-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Lost Trust in CheckmeMax O2 Watch cmpman1974 1 309 10-05-2023, 01:30 AM
Last Post: Old Mike
Question Newbie and using OSCAR - SUPER LOST and looking for advice DaveHirschler 26 2,081 08-01-2023, 08:13 PM
Last Post: DaveHirschler
Gross [CPAP] Lost and Confused. Mycpapaccount 1 519 03-16-2023, 05:40 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Lost my data? [Resvent iBreeze auto] Catherine416 6 4,207 01-25-2022, 01:36 PM
Last Post: Catherine416
  I am totally lost gaydolphinorgy 4 781 01-07-2022, 09:42 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.