Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

At my wits end!
At my wits end!
Struggling to get AHI under control, lots of CA events/  No sleep study cause no insurance.  Bought machine cause I snore badly and wake up with headaches.

CPAP machine does give relief and has stopped my snoring.  I am struggling to get below AHI of 5.

Posted last week and was encouraged to change settings to 13-15 pressure with EPR 3. 

09/25/23 - First night with new settings.  Ate air in my stomach immediately.  Lowered low limit to 9, was able to sleep

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: At my wits end!
CA started creeping up.  On 9-29 I woke up with heart racing!!!  This was super concerning.  Im not sure exactly what time but it was prior to 4am when I took mask off.

Reading around board I decided it was from EPR causing CA events.  I removed EPR for 09-30 night.  No heart racing moments.  CA events dropped and maybe this would help.

Im am comfortable with breathing in at 9 pressure.  Can get used to breathing out at 9 pressure.  Noticed I am eating air and mouth breathing

Lowered air pressure max last night hoping it would prevent me eating air.  Highest AHI ever.

I have a vitera mask and not sure what else to do.  Maybe go back to 13-15 epr 3 and see if i can get used to

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I am 33 year old male. Generally healthy no known health issues. Just been snoring forever. CPAP machine absolutely helps me because I dont wake up with headaches like I did in the past (except today, but its not as bad as without cpap). My wife said I would stop breathing while snoring.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, no sleep study and no insurance. This may be a little challenging, but we will work with what you have.

I don't think the CA's are treatment emergent, but no real way to tell.

Know that a Cpap or Apap cannot treat CSA, and the use of EPR and higher pressures may make it worse.

I think you should try CPAP mode, pressure set to 9cm, EPR 1. I'm suggesting this for comfort and to stop the pressure swings. It may or may not affect the CA's, but let's try it.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I’m at my wits end [Resmed S9 VPAP error message] Odonnell84 15 8,919 03-01-2018, 08:38 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  At wits end. AHI Varies SO SO much, your thoughts?? Daisylouu 9 2,783 10-13-2016, 02:45 PM
Last Post: rkl122
  Exhausted and at my wits' end - please help!!! Duketheshepherd 14 4,809 06-14-2015, 04:26 PM
Last Post: kally

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.