Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Attempting to post an image
Attempting to post an image
Thank You, Bonjour.

Is this correct?

[Image: jFI2uzpl.png]

Still two questions.

1) is one-day enough?
2) Why does it say that I was 100 complaint last week when I only wore it Monday and Saturday night?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Attempting to post an image
Albercook, you are experienceing a significant number of obstructive apnea events. This is easily solved, but you're going to need to go rogue, and adjust your settings. You are on fixed CPAP at 7 cm pressure. You can enter the clinician menu by pressing the control knob and home button at the same time for a couple seconds, then entering settings.

In Settings you need to select mode (currently CPAP) and make it Autoset. If you have an option for Standard or Soft, choose Standard. For Minimum pressure select 7.0, for maximum pressure, let's set 15 (could go for 20, but let's limit it for now). Your exhale pressure relief (EPR) is already at 3. What this means is that at your current pressure of 7, the exhale pressure is only 4. This probably is causing a lot of the obstructive apnea since it does not keep your airway patent. The new settings will allow your pressure to go higher. When you are done changing settings, exit clinician menu. This will change your settings.

I would not wait to implement the change to Auto mode. If it makes you feel better, tell your doctor you did this, and that under fixed pressure of 5 you had an AHI of 8. I'm sure you will see significantly better results tonight. As far as compliance, you are early in your therapy, and the lost days will add up pretty quickly. Hopefully, we can help you to get comfortable and effective therapy that keeps you using the machine. Your leak rate is excellent, so mask fit and compatibility looks good. The large rate of snore and flow limit on your chart confirms we're dealing with simple obstructive apnena, and everything else looks great. I would guess you can probably be near 1 or less AHI by the end of this week.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well done,
Follow Sleepriders advice, it is good. I was going to suggest something very similar.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-29-2017, 05:12 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Albercook, you are experienceing a significant number of obstructive apnea events.  This is easily solved, but you're going to need to go rogue, and adjust your settings.  You are on fixed CPAP at 7 cm pressure.  You can enter the clinician menu by pressing the control knob and home button at the same time for a couple seconds, then entering settings.  

In Settings you need to select mode (currently CPAP) and make it Autoset. If you have an option for Standard or Soft, choose Standard.  For Minimum pressure select 7.0, for maximum pressure, let's set 15 (could go for 20, but let's limit it for now).  Your exhale pressure relief (EPR) is already at 3.  What this means is that at your current pressure of 7, the exhale pressure is only 4.  This probably is causing a lot of the obstructive apnea since it does not keep your airway patent.  The new settings will allow your pressure to go higher.  When you are done changing settings, exit clinician menu.  This will change your settings.

I would not wait to implement the change to Auto mode.  If it makes you feel better, tell your doctor you did this, and that under fixed pressure of 5 you had an AHI of 8.  I'm sure you will see significantly better results tonight.  As far as compliance, you are early in your therapy, and the lost days will add up pretty quickly.  Hopefully, we can help you to get comfortable and effective therapy that keeps you using the machine.  Your leak rate is excellent, so mask fit and compatibility looks good. The large rate of snore and flow limit on your chart confirms we're dealing with simple obstructive apnena, and everything else looks great.  I would guess you can probably be near 1 or less AHI by the end of this week.

Thanks! in the third paragraph you mention fixed pressure of 5. Did you mean 7?

Regarding compliance, I appreciate the encouragement. Hope you are right. MY question was more about understanding the why that the system reports compliance. How can it say I had 100% last week when I only wore it Tuesday and Saturday?

Will give your suggestions a try. 

Can I just put the card back in the machine or do I have to do some fancy backing up?

Regards,
George A
Post Reply Post Reply
I fat-fingered that and intended to say you have events at 7 cm. Part of the problem is that your machine uses EPR that allows a 3-cm pressure drop for exhale, and that may be where your airway is closing up at 4-cm. If you enable auto mode, the pressure will rise only as needed, and should avoid these events.

Remove the card and read it...return to machine. No format or anything needed.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
How long have you been using CPAP?
If you are brand new to it (less than 30 days), leave it alone. Your AHI is still less than 5.

You are only showing us one night's worth of data. We all look at trends, not one night. What does the data say over a week's time? Does the AHI stay at about this? Do you have good nights mixed in with bad nights? Better yet, how do you feel? Do you feel rested? Better than before? Same?

Gather data. Study it. Understand what is normal for YOU. At some point you will want to take full advantage of the machine you have. Sure, you can turn it to APAP now. 7 seems to be pretty close for you. I'd suggest a setting of 6 minimum and 10 maximum. And change the EPR to 2 perhaps if you can tolerate it. Gather data for at least 10 days and adjust if necessary.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-29-2017, 05:25 PM)bonjour Wrote: Well done,
Follow Sleepriders advice, it is good.  I was going to suggest something very similar.

Ok here is the data from last night.  What do you see?
[Image: 5G0bDhGl.png]

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-30-2017, 03:09 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: How long have you been using CPAP?
If you are brand new to it (less than 30 days), leave it alone. Your AHI is still less than 5.

You are only showing us one night's worth of data. We all look at trends, not one night. What does the data say over a week's time? Does the AHI stay at about this? Do you have good nights mixed in with bad nights? Better yet, how do you feel? Do you feel rested? Better than before? Same?

Gather data. Study it. Understand what is normal for YOU. At some point you will want to take full advantage of the machine you have. Sure, you can turn it to APAP now. 7 seems to be pretty close for you. I'd suggest a setting of 6 minimum and 10 maximum. And change the EPR to 2 perhaps if you can tolerate it. Gather data for at least 10 days and adjust if necessary.

I can show you any data that you want. What would you like me to upload?
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-30-2017, 03:09 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: How long have you been using CPAP?

Been using it on and off for over 4 months.

I followed the suggested way to organize charts.  Is there a different suggestion for displaying longer terms data?

Having a hard time getting into a regular habit of using it. Doing better lately.  Do feel better but not as good as I would like. Feel better the more that I use the CPAP.  Still not what I would like.  I have a complicated medical history and I know that I'm not back to normal. 

I'm trying to learn how to understand the data. I could use some help with that part.  Here is some of the summary data.

[Image: 3acmY06l.png]

Any help interpreting this would be great.

Thanks,

George A
Post Reply Post Reply
For some reason, it looks like the data from last night is not importing into sleepyhead. It says 16 sessions imported but last night is not there.

Any suggestions?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  r4robin - Therapy Thread (Help with BiLevel settings-post #5) r4robin 42 1,749 03-11-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  First Post - Help with Settings Ideas jrudicel 3 141 03-10-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: jrudicel
  First post, provider is not much help. DPAlaska 2 262 01-26-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: DPAlaska
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,362 622,146 01-19-2024, 04:22 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  [CPAP] New User Struggling - PSG and CPAP Data Post PSG1 4 2,098 01-08-2024, 06:57 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [CPAP] First post - Uploading Airsense 11 AutoSet data to SD card DrBook 2 330 01-03-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: DrBook
  How to post OSCAR data? SirFency 1 370 10-30-2023, 04:15 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.