Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Attempting to post an image
RE: Attempting to post an image
January 29 was a significant improvement and the best OA you have recorded. Some of the obstructive apnea have downgraded to hypopnea, and the RERA index is pretty bad. The main issue remains obstructive, so that is actually good news. Leaks were high, but not out of control. It looks like a higher maximum pressure may be required, but I think you should remain at these settings for now. It usually take several days for a big change like this to fully settle in.

We can analyze graphs all day, but need to get your feedback on how things feel at this point. Is the pressure disrupting your sleep? Do you feel relatively comfortable?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
No disruption of my sleep. Did notice the leaking. Will tighten the mask a bit.
Post Reply Post Reply
What part of the mask is leaking? Cheek, bridge, nose, chin?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It just covers my nose. Air leaked out the sides. A few days ago I had it too tight and it was irritating my skin so I loosened it way up. It makes sense that it needs to be a bit tighter.
Post Reply Post Reply
When you're ready to graduate to real comfort, get the Resmed Airfit P10 nasal pillows mask. It only touches the bottom of your nose, so mask seal is not an issue. As long as you are not leaking through your mouth, the nasal therapy will work for you. If you're waking up with dry mouth or air rushing from your mouth, then a different approach is needed.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
OK we have some more data now.  The first image give some summary data. Most interesting is the bottom showing the impact of increasing the pressure.

[Image: Q180sAAl.png]

Next are several nights with the original full face mask. 

[Image: XsnYczpl.png]
[Image: x0FXdGGl.png]
[Image: tfo5ETXl.png]
[Image: x2i3ID1l.png]
[Image: 6wFuRq0l.png]
[Image: VY08A6Al.png]

I will make another post with several days after the switch to nasal pillows. 

Any thoughts about pressure, full face vs pillows, etc. would be much appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are a few days after the switch to nasal pillows. 

[Image: cMyAixrl.png]
[Image: 0EqNn6cl.png]
[Image: yu4r2ajl.png]
[Image: GB8fzTVl.png]
[Image: liPIOgSl.png]
[Image: 9rNT2xjl.png]
[Image: 1Q1zeTfl.png]
[Image: Q8bs82ml.png]
[Image: k8JneSdl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
This is unusual, but you have a long history of better results at lower fixed pressure at 7 cm. Maybe turn off ramp, and try fixed pressures for a while and see where the best results end up. 6, 7, 8, 9. I actually see a trend that higher pressures are resulting in higher events. I think this tells us to dial it back to what was working, and try again, and do it with fixed pressures.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply. Isn't the ramp just a few minutes at the beginning?
Post Reply Post Reply
Ramp time and pressure are settable. It can be 45 minutes, or 5 depending. Looks like you're going 15-20. Any chance the really bad OA events are from tucking your chin and cutting off the airway. Some members have used special pillows or even soft cervical collars for that. If your head is tilted on a pillow in a way that causes a sharp angle at the neck it's common to see clusters of OA. Avoiding that, can make lower pressures work fine, and it might be an explanation for some of your recent results.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 7 114 Yesterday, 12:48 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 625,806 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 6 186 03-23-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  r4robin - Therapy Thread (Help with BiLevel settings-post #5) r4robin 42 1,818 03-11-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  First Post - Help with Settings Ideas jrudicel 3 168 03-10-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: jrudicel
  First post, provider is not much help. DPAlaska 2 269 01-26-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: DPAlaska
  [CPAP] New User Struggling - PSG and CPAP Data Post PSG1 4 2,112 01-08-2024, 06:57 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.