Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Attention AirSense 10 Users - Testing Questions
RE: Attention AirSense 10 Users - Testing Questions
I had an opportunity to look at my ResMed supplied 2gig SD card this morning in Windows file explorer. In the DATALOG Directory on the SD card are the nightly files for all my nights of use going back to October 2014 when I switched to the Airsense from my old S9. The file names consist of the dates in year/month/day format.....example for the night of October 30, 2014 the file is named "20141030"........each file has the detailed data and high resolution flow information that Sleepyhead uses to display all the graphs in the Daily view, and the file size vary from a low of 2.8MB to around 4MB with an average size of 3.5MB per nightly sleep session of about eight hours per night.

I have been using the Airsense for just under eight months and the SD card is not quite half full
899MB used, 989MB free, out of the 2gig SD card. Based on this usage the 2gig ResMed SD card should easily hold 1.5 years worth of detailed and high resolution flow data. The data is not being overwritten at the present time and I suspect it won't begin to overwrite old data until the SD card is full, just as the clinical manual indicates.

About a month ago just to satisfy my curiosity I created a new user profile in Sleepyhead and did a data import to that new profile from my SD card. After the data import I looked at statistics page, and daily detail page and all of the detailed data and associated graphs were there in their full glory. So my little Sleepyhead experiment confirmed that a full seven months of data (at that time) was all there on the SD card, nothing was overwritten, and there was no 30 day limit on the data.
Post Reply Post Reply
It has the ability to be set to keep data for 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, and 1 year. before it resets.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-21-2015, 01:21 PM)Adoniscmj Wrote: It has the ability to be set to keep data for 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, and 1 year. before it resets.

I think you are referring to the _Averaging_ period for the subsequent items in the Sleep Report portion. As pointed out, the SD card holds considerably more data than the averages.

Also, by the way, the averaging period seems to reset to the default of one month when the power fails -- although that may have happened when my software was updated (silently!).
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-21-2015, 01:52 PM)pholynyk Wrote:
(06-21-2015, 01:21 PM)Adoniscmj Wrote: It has the ability to be set to keep data for 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, and 1 year. before it resets.

I think you are referring to the _Averaging_ period for the subsequent items in the Sleep Report portion. As pointed out, the SD card holds considerably more data than the averages.

Also, by the way, the averaging period seems to reset to the default of one month when the power fails -- although that may have happened when my software was updated (silently!).

Yes that's correct, the sleep report on the screen of the machine has those averages, and yes if power is removed from the Airsense as in power failure, software update reboot, or unplugging from outlet, the on-screen sleep report period resets to the default 30 day average for the period on the machine's sleep report. But we are talking about the detailed and high resolution flow data stored on the SD card which as mentioned above is only limited by the size (capacity) of the SD card you happen to be using in the machine -- current estimates are about 1.5 years of detailed and high resolution data on the standard 2gig SD card supplied by ResMed with the machine, and that is a conservative estimate with average eight hours of nightly use.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 142 8 hours ago
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 265 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 351,974 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Airsense 10 Respond Questions SheShells23 12 457 03-11-2024, 09:06 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  [Mod Note] Attention Advisory Members - Vote Now Sleeprider 1 280 02-27-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 258 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.