Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Attention AirSense 10 Users - Testing Questions
RE: Attention AirSense 10 Users - Testing Questions
(01-05-2015, 06:23 PM)vsheline Wrote:
(01-05-2015, 05:04 PM)zonk Wrote: After 15 days of using Air 10 non-stop ... I can tell you the Air 10 SD card store equal number of detailed data and flow data

Hi Zonk,

An empty New Patient profile was opened and upon the very first download 15 days of high rate Flow data (and other Detailed Data) had been downloaded during the initial download?

Thanks.
Exactly Coffee

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-05-2015, 05:04 PM)zonk Wrote: My suspicion the Air 10 SD card store 30 days of detailed data and 30 days of flow data , plus up to 365 days of summary and therapy data

It should really be able to store at least a year of data given that it has two gigabytes of storage on it. A quick check of the data files suggests that one day has about 3 to 4 megabytes in it. That would allow for around 500 days of storage and you can always replace it with a card that has more storage. I know for sure that it can read and write to a four gigabyte card.

You can get SD cards up to 64 gigabytes these days. The card is formatted as a FAT32 drive and the machine should be able to read all 64 gigabytes if it can read and write to any FAT32 partition.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-06-2015, 02:56 PM)eseedhouse Wrote: You can get SD cards up to 64 gigabytes these days. The card is formatted as a FAT32 drive and the machine should be able to read all 64 gigabytes if it can read and write to any FAT32 partition.

Hi eseedhouse, welcome to the forum!

I suppose ResMed probably limits the number of days of data stored on the SD card so that any old (very slow) SD card may be used and so that reading and parity-checking the SD card does not take too much time.

Users would not like it if the delay to verify the SD card were to take several minutes before the machine would be ready to begin normal operation after powering up.

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello I hope someone can help me. I am using the current version of sleepy head but I cannot get full data - only a summary. I am using the Resmed auto set air sense 10 for her and a mac computer. Data downloads no problem but I cannot get any graphs etc.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-06-2015, 06:57 PM)not a good look Wrote: Hello I hope someone can help me. I am using the current version of sleepy head but I cannot get full data - only a summary. I am using the Resmed auto set air sense 10 for her and a mac computer. Data downloads no problem but I cannot get any graphs etc.

Hi not a good look,

I suggest you copy and paste your post into the SleepyHead thread, if the problem has not already been discussed in that thread:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...3#pid72963

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Vaughn

Thank you I will do that. I am new to all of this forum stuff so please forgive my lack of knowledge in the use of such.

Thank you

Gail
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, now that we've got some A10 users who've had more time to use their machines, can some of the long term A10 users check to be sure how long the A10 machines keep the full flow rate data, and the other detailed data?

It would be really nice if we could confirm that it cuts off at 30 days, or at any other particular date.

To be clear on how to do this, create a new user under SleepyHead and then read your SD card. See how far back you can see the flow rate data and the event flags data at the top of the daily data page. Be sure to create a new user. You can delete the new user later if you want to.

It would also be interesting to see the results of windows "properties" on the SD card and how many files and bytes are used on the card.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I know this is a little out of scope for the purpose of this thread, however I will receive a new A 10 AutoSet today and probably will start using it tonight. Should I or do I need to create a new Sleepyhead user before I import A 10 data from the new machine? Will SH have a problem retaining previous PRS1 machine data if I continue to use the same SH user?
OSCAR ROCKS
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-19-2015, 07:45 AM)coolbranch Wrote: I know this is a little out of scope for the purpose of this thread, however I will receive a new A 10 AutoSet today and probably will start using it tonight. Should I or do I need to create a new Sleepyhead user before I import A 10 data from the new machine? Will SH have a problem retaining previous PRS1 machine data if I continue to use the same SH user?

Are you using the 0.9.8-1 version of SleepyHead already? That's needed for A10 machines.

Personally, I would create a new user, but in theory, SH will combine the two machines correctly under a single user.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes I am using the latest 0.09.8-1 testing version of SH.

Thinking about this a little, maybe creating a new user would be best for statistical comparison of machine effectiveness.
OSCAR ROCKS
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New - so many questions Matsu1 7 362 1 hour ago
Last Post: Matsu1
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 359,343 4 hours ago
Last Post: btreger
  EPR questions juniper 5 197 04-16-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Surgery questions sarahsleeps 8 176 04-16-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: coffee9724
Ohmy Very Poor Quality of OSA Research and Almost Non-existent Specific CPAP Testing mdmarmd 1 133 04-13-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [Equipment] Airsense 11 Questions tblaster 2 152 04-02-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: tblaster
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 248 03-27-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.