Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Attention AirSense 10 Users - Testing Questions
RE: Attention AirSense 10 Users - Testing Questions
When I switched from an S8 machine to an S9 machine, I created a new user. I wanted to make the change in data clear and obvious. I do not think that it matters to Sleepyhead.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks
OSCAR ROCKS
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, is there anyone out there who's had an A10 machine for several months willing to test this?

Or upload a card image to Dropbox so I can check it out myself?

(03-19-2015, 12:44 AM)archangle Wrote: OK, now that we've got some A10 users who've had more time to use their machines, can some of the long term A10 users check to be sure how long the A10 machines keep the full flow rate data, and the other detailed data?

It would be really nice if we could confirm that it cuts off at 30 days, or at any other particular date.

To be clear on how to do this, create a new user under SleepyHead and then read your SD card. See how far back you can see the flow rate data and the event flags data at the top of the daily data page. Be sure to create a new user. You can delete the new user later if you want to.

It would also be interesting to see the results of windows "properties" on the SD card and how many files and bytes are used on the card.

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
AirSense 10 SD card store 365 days of therapy and summary data
30 days of detailed data *
30 days of high resolution data*

* Not available on AirSense 10 CPAP

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-17-2015, 01:03 PM)zonk Wrote: AirSense 10 SD card store 365 days of therapy and summary data
30 days of detailed data *
30 days of high resolution data*

Even the 2 gigabyte card Resmed supplies should hold more than that. I have six months data archived uncompressed and it's less than 500 megabytes. The card I am actually using has 16 gigabytes.

I would strongly advise everyone to back up the files on the SD card to at least one other disk at least once a week. I back it up to several devices every day and on top of that I keep a copy in Dropbox so if the entire house is consumed by some diaster and my smartphone isn't with me (assuming I'm not in the house at the time!) I can still retrieve it.

Your smartphone is a good place to back up to assuming you have enough storage, because it's likely to be with you if you are away from home and a fire breaks out.

But then, having been burned once or twice I do tend to be a bit obsessive about backups!

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
Unlike the S9 the amount of detaied and high resolution data that the Airsense will store on the SD card is only dependent on the size of your SD card.

I started using the Airsense in September so I have about eight months of 8 hours per night on my Airsense data card.......all the detaied and high resolution data is still there from day one on my ResMed supplied 2 gig SD card. I checked disk space statistics in Windows for the SD card and at this rate the card won't be full until about 18 months worth of data at an average of 8 hours per night. Just to confirm, the other day I created a new user profile in Sleepyhead and downloaded my last eight months of data from the SD card into the new profile......everything was there from day one of use, all detailed and high resolution data was there........all the daily Sleepyhead flow data showed up just fine and I have not quite hit the half full point on the SD card, so I am sticking with my conservative estimate of 18 months of nightly data for the 2gig SD card.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-18-2015, 12:10 AM)under pressure Wrote: Just to confirm, the other day I created a new user profile in Sleepyhead and downloaded my last eight months of data from the SD card into the new profile......everything was there from day one of use, all detailed and high resolution data was there........all the daily Sleepyhead flow data showed up just fine and I have not quite hit the half full point on the SD card, so I am sticking with my conservative estimate of 18 months of nightly data for the 2gig SD card.
Just did the same, created a new patient file in ResScan and download the data from the SD card
All statistics and summary data was there and only 30 days of detailed data and 30 days of flow data
On the 31st day, shows "No detailed data available"
I'm using the SD card came with the machine

The clinical manual say, the A10 SD card stores 365 days of summary data (compliance data)

and goes on to say ... Detailed data, High resolution flow and pressure data ... Limited by usage and SD card storage

Maybe size matter after all and SH can extract more detailed data than ResScan from the SD card

Post Reply Post Reply
Two things....my S9 Elite used to mess up when I imported data into Sleepy Head using Windows 8.1. When I move the lock switch on the SD card before importing, it doesn't ask me to reformat when I put it back in the machine.

Now I have an Airsense 10 CPAP and only got summary data in Sleepy Head. SH tells me there is no detailed data but I'm sure there is. I tried upgrading to SH 9.8. The good news is it imported all my old data. The bad news is still not detailed data.

Has anyone found a software to show detailed data with the Airsense 10? I've been reading about RESCAN but haven't tried it yet.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-18-2015, 07:30 PM)klmaish Wrote: Has anyone found a software to show detailed data with the Airsense 10? I've been reading about RESCAN but haven't tried it yet.
Yes, ResScan does show detailed data but you need follow download procedure as explained in post #2
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ersion-5-4

Also post #1 for: Link to ResScan Download Instructions and "ResScan Report Interpretation Guide" link

S9 Data Management Guide http://www.resmed.com/content/dam/resmed...er_eng.pdf

Here ResScan 3.12 tutorial video (would give some some ideas)
http://apneaboard.com/resscan.htm

ResScan widows only. SleepyHead windows and Mac, the newer version reported to work with AirSense 10

Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
Thanks! Just what I needed!ThanksSleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Surgery questions sarahsleeps 6 106 6 hours ago
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  EPR questions juniper 1 82 Yesterday, 10:20 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Ohmy Very Poor Quality of OSA Research and Almost Non-existent Specific CPAP Testing mdmarmd 1 123 04-13-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,963 358,885 04-12-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: btreger
Question [Equipment] Airsense 11 Questions tblaster 2 142 04-02-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: tblaster
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 241 03-27-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 347 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.