Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Attention AirSense 10 Users - Testing Questions
Attention AirSense 10 Users - Testing Questions
Attention K-Mart Shoppers! We have a flashing blue light special.

How many of us are old enough to remember that? Geez, I'm getting old.

Anyhow, can one of you lucky ResMed A10 owners check to see a few things?

1) Does the S9 "reformat card" bug still exist? Can you try this:

Stick a new blank SD card into the machine and check that it writes data to the card.
Does the A10 ask to format it?
See if SleepyHead will show the data that gets copied.
Does it copy just the compliance data?
On your computer, write a few files to the root directory of the SD card.
Put it back into the A10 and see if the machine it wants to reformat the card.

(Note, you could try this with your "main" SD data card, but it may cause you to lose the data stored on that card.)

2) If someone has the base AirSense 10 CPAP model, can you tell us what info it does record? I'm presuming it's just nightly averages for all the numbers. It would be good to try this with the current version of ResScan as well as SleepyHead.

3) I'll also be really interested to see if the A10 models keep more than 7 days of high resolution data like flow rate graphs. That's one of the really big drawbacks of the S9 series that would be really easy for them to fix.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Attention AirSense 10 Users - Testing Questions
(10-17-2014, 06:41 AM)archangle Wrote: Anyhow, can one of you lucky ResMed A10 owners check to see a few things?

1) Does the S9 "reformat card" bug still exist?

Ok I tried this with my ResMed card. I put a couple of files on the card from my PC. I then put it in my ResMed device. Didn't ask me to format. Used it briefly. Then put it in my PC again. Sleepyhead read the card with data on it, no problem. Put it back in my A10. Works fine.

So in my case, an A10 Elite, no it doesn't reformat.

(10-17-2014, 06:41 AM)archangle Wrote: 2) If someone has the base AirSense 10 CPAP model, can you tell us what info it does record? I'm presuming it's just nightly averages for all the numbers. It would be good to try this with the current version of ResScan as well as SleepyHead.

I have an A10 Elite (step up from just the CPAP) and it does full data. Not the answer to your question, since you were just asking about the CPAP, but thought I'd let you know anyway.

(10-17-2014, 06:41 AM)archangle Wrote: 3) I'll also be really interested to see if the A10 models keep more than 7 days of high resolution data like flow rate graphs. That's one of the really big drawbacks of the S9 series that would be really easy for them to fix.

I received my unit on Oct 7th. On my SD card, the full data still goes back until then (today is the 17th). So at least 9-10 days of data so far.
Post Reply Post Reply
Can someone who's had an A10 for a long time, check again and see how many days of full data it records?

If you're using SleepyHead, be sure and create a new user, so you don't mix new data with old.
Useful links.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-20-2014, 11:02 PM)archangle Wrote: Can someone who's had an A10 for a long time, check again and see how many days of full data it records?

If you're using SleepyHead, be sure and create a new user, so you don't mix new data with old.
The Air 10 store 365 days of summary data
ResMed stingy with information about detailed and flow data storage on the Air 10 SD card but were quite forthcoming with information about the S9 SD card as shown here ... http://www.s9morecomfort.com/s9morecomfo...ement.html

As for create new user, I've one file combine both S9 SD card and Air 10 SD card, 2nd file for S9 SD card and 3rd file for Air 10 SD card

When I use the Air 10, download the data first thing in the morning but not so frequent when using the S9

I trust the S9 and I know exactly what she is up to but have no such trust with the Air 10, I need to be on my guard with this machine otherwise would screw up if left unattended. I'm sticking with the S9 for a piece of mind
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, zonk.

I'd still like to hear results from a long time A10 user as to how many days of flow rate data they see on their SD card before the A10 starts throwing data away.
Useful links.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-17-2014, 09:48 AM)labtec6 Wrote:
(10-17-2014, 06:41 AM)archangle Wrote: 3) I'll also be really interested to see if the A10 models keep more than 7 days of high resolution data like flow rate graphs. That's one of the really big drawbacks of the S9 series that would be really easy for them to fix.

I received my unit on Oct 7th. On my SD card, the full data still goes back until then (today is the 17th). So at least 9-10 days of data so far.

Hi A10 series users,

If one creates a new patient profile (completely empty of previously-downloaded data) and downloads data for the first time, for how many days back does the downloaded data contain "Flow" data? (For S9 series this would be 7 days.)

And for how many days back does the downloaded data include any Detailed waveform data such as Leak? (For S9 this iwould be about 30 days.)

Thanks so much.

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great minds think alike Coffee

I've used the Air 10 last night and this morning downloaded the data into a new user file

I can see detailed data and also flow data for 30 days
No detailed data available for the rest of days but Settings, Statistics, and Summary available

I need to use the Air 10 for over 30 consecutive days to confirm the above
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Archangle,

Below is listed how often the detailed data are sampled if using SD card versus if using the version of AirView used by doctors/therapists.

This is from the AirCurve 10 ASV Clinician Manual, but I suppose it would be similar for the AirSense models, also.

No High Rate detailed data such as Flow waveforms are available to doctors or therapists except if downloaded from the SD card, since AirView samples the Detailed Data only once per minute instead of 20 times per second (used for storing Flow data on SD card).

Detailed Data—Parameter Sampling Period if using ResScan to read SD card (or if using AirView remotely via modem)
Apnea or hypopnea events: aperiodic (aperiodic)
Flow Limitation (flat to round): 2 sec (1 min)
Leak (L/sec): 2 sec (1 min)
Minute Ventilation (L/min): 2 sec (1 min)
Pressure (cm H2O / hPa): 2 sec (1 min)
Snore (quiet to loud): 2 sec (1 min)
Pulse Rate (beats/min)—if an oximeter adapter is attached: 1 sec (1 min)
Oxygen Saturation (SpO2)—if an oximeter adapter is attached: 1 sec (1 min)
Flow: .05 sec (not sampled)
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-22-2014, 03:47 PM)zonk Wrote: I can see detailed data and also flow data for 30 days
No detailed data available for the rest of days but Settings, Statistics, and Summary available

I need to use the Air 10 for over 30 consecutive days to confirm the above
To whom it may concern

After 15 days of using Air 10 non-stop ... I can tell you the Air 10 SD card store equal number of detailed data and flow data
My suspicion the Air 10 SD card store 30 days of detailed data and 30 days of flow data , plus up to 365 days of summary and therapy data

(Not applicable to Air 10 CPAP and the SD card must be inserted correctly in the machine)

Watch this space for more info soon
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-05-2015, 05:04 PM)zonk Wrote: After 15 days of using Air 10 non-stop ... I can tell you the Air 10 SD card store equal number of detailed data and flow data

Hi Zonk,

An empty New Patient profile was opened and upon the very first download 15 days of high rate Flow data (and other Detailed Data) had been downloaded during the initial download?

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 154 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 270 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 615 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,119 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Airsense 10 Respond Questions SheShells23 12 463 03-11-2024, 09:06 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  [Mod Note] Attention Advisory Members - Vote Now Sleeprider 1 287 02-27-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 262 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.