Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: Are you interested in an Aussie get-together?
This poll is closed.
Yes - In Queensland
13.04%
3 13.04%
Yes - In NSW
39.13%
9 39.13%
Yes - In Victoria
17.39%
4 17.39%
Yes - In Tasmania
4.35%
1 4.35%
Yes - In South Australia
4.35%
1 4.35%
Yes - In Western Australia
13.04%
3 13.04%
Yes - other locations
8.70%
2 8.70%
No
0%
0 0%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Aussie CPAPers - get together
Exclaimation 
Aussie CPAPers - get together
It looks like there are a fair few Australian CPAPers here on Apnea Board, and I know we all get a lot of benefit from it.

A couple of us have had a conversation about perhaps having a get-together for Australian Apnea Board members. A lot of our issues are somewhat different from our American cousins, and we could gain some value meeting face to face. If nothing else, it's good to put a face to the name. And we could talk about the cricket! Grin

Given the geographic spread, it would obviously need to be more than one occasion (I'm in Perth, Zonk's in Sydney and I know there are others in Qld as well). So if anybody is interested, please vote above, respond to this thread, and we'll see if we can get something organised.

NOTE FROM ADMIN: Poll is now "public", meaning that members can now see who voted for each choice.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Aussie CPAPers - get together
Thanks
I,m in South West Sydney
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks DeepBreathing..

I'm in Toowoomba - Qld and I work in Brisbane at the Airport several days a week.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bump2
[Image: 608px-Hercules_%26_Waggoner2.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
Deepbreathing, good idea but I think we are just too far apart, I'm in Melbourne. On another site I'm on, they have group meetings in New York and London because they have more users in a closer radius.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-06-2014, 04:59 PM)Tez62 Wrote: Deepbreathing, good idea but I think we are just too far apart, I'm in Melbourne.
Yes but it might (or might not) prompt someone who lives in the same area or close by to stop and ponder and say to oneself ...
I like that, its my kind cup of Coffee

Post Reply Post Reply
You can have a cup of tea anytime, Zonk
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-06-2014, 04:59 PM)Tez62 Wrote: Deepbreathing, good idea but I think we are just too far apart, I'm in Melbourne. On another site I'm on, they have group meetings in New York and London because they have more users in a closer radius.

That's why I said we'd need more than one venue. So if there are any members here in WA I'd be happy to arrange something here in Perth. It needn't be anything formal - as Zonk said a cup of tea and a bit of chat. Some "FaceTime" with other members could be a good opportunity to discuss things in more detail and more immediacy than is possible in the forum.
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting idea. Seems like we're all too spread out for it happen though.
Post Reply Post Reply

I'm on the far south coast of NSW, so don't think I'd ever travel to attend anything. If I happen to be somewhere there was a get together I would probably attend.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [News] Aussie members - the official word on prescriptions and public health support. DeepBreathing 10 2,463 10-21-2020, 02:50 AM
Last Post: holden4th
Money [Equipment] Aussie veterans - you may be eligible for CPAP benefits DeepBreathing 0 989 01-08-2020, 08:45 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  [CPAP] Resmed [Purchase in USA for Aussie member] bricki 2 1,404 05-17-2018, 08:52 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  [Data] Anyone in Aussie Told MyAir They Were in Us? Doza 20 4,047 01-10-2018, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Doza
  [Treatment] What's Going On? [Aussie struggling] granti 15 2,475 10-13-2017, 06:42 AM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  [Equipment] Aussie looking for cheap mask Headly 6 2,189 01-06-2016, 04:30 AM
Last Post: jrv1964
  Aussie Paul needs some help... Aussie Paul 56 15,979 04-27-2015, 08:07 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.