Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: Are you interested in an Aussie get-together?
This poll is closed.
Yes - In Queensland
13.04%
3 13.04%
Yes - In NSW
39.13%
9 39.13%
Yes - In Victoria
17.39%
4 17.39%
Yes - In Tasmania
4.35%
1 4.35%
Yes - In South Australia
4.35%
1 4.35%
Yes - In Western Australia
13.04%
3 13.04%
Yes - other locations
8.70%
2 8.70%
No
0%
0 0%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Aussie CPAPers - get together
RE: Aussie CPAPers - get together
(01-07-2014, 03:17 PM)dwd1249 Wrote: I'm on the far south coast of NSW, so don't think I'd ever travel to attend anything. If I happen to be somewhere there was a get together I would probably attend.
Same here but would be different if someone else reside in the same local area, the more is the merrier
My wife attend Parkinson's support group, they meet once a month at local library for chit chat and cuppa, usually they have a guest speaker also on occasion they arrange trips and dinners at local clubs

I think we can helps each other even living far apart, for example I have some masks have bought/tried and not worked for me, I would gladly pay the postage and send to anyone who want to try it (mask is washed but can be sterilized too) and so on. But of course, its against our forum rules to do so openly in this thread, it has to be done via private messages (PM). The best way if someone can volunteer to be the go-between (salary is negotiable) so we tell him/her what masks (type/size) we have got and the person who is looking for mask trail can also get in touch with the go-between to see whats available and if match (or similar mask) is on the list, than the go-between can put the interested parties in touch ... something like that
Post Reply Post Reply
Per Zonk's request, the poll is now "public" (meaning we can now see who voted for each option).

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi I'm in Canberra, Don't know if there's anyone else on the forum here, though I came here via a link on a local Sleep Apnea group which meets at a local club here on a Saturday afternoon once every second month.
I'm not a Doctor but a fan of The Doctor. any views,comments etc are my own

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, I think it's a great idea Paul. Not sure how much luck we will have getting us all together though. I live near Noosa Queensland. We are all flung far and wide.
Really like your idea Zonk about being able to buy 2nd hand gear.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Gabby
I,m referring to mask trials (or donation) not buying or selling
My local supplier charges $50 for a week mask trial, its quite steep considering I can buy the same mask for less than $100 elsewhere
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-08-2014, 01:36 AM)DrWho? Wrote: Hi I'm in Canberra, Don't know if there's anyone else on the forum here, though I came here via a link on a local Sleep Apnea group which meets at a local club here on a Saturday afternoon once every second month.
Hi DrWho
How many people in the support group and how started out initially
Maybe there is lesson to learned for all of us from Canberra support group experience
I have seen a doctor in Sydney, now he works in Canberra university

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2014, 04:36 PM)zonk Wrote:
(01-08-2014, 01:36 AM)DrWho? Wrote: Hi I'm in Canberra, Don't know if there's anyone else on the forum here, though I came here via a link on a local Sleep Apnea group which meets at a local club here on a Saturday afternoon once every second month.
Hi DrWho
How many people in the support group and how started out initially
Maybe there is lesson to learned for all of us from Canberra support group experience
I have seen a doctor in Sydney, now he works in Canberra university

Hi Zonk.

I'm not a member of the mention Canberra Sleep apnea support group. They do have a website though I'll send it to you in a pm.

I'm not a Doctor but a fan of The Doctor. any views,comments etc are my own

Post Reply Post Reply
If it would be in the city I am definitely in. No car as yet but working on it that my New year resolution.
Would be easier to get to work and to see my new grand-daughter Smile: grin: Coffee

East here
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks DrWho
They seem well organized group and produce monthly newsletter which include some items for sale but I like best what they say here:

Quote: The Association is composed of all age groups and can assist with a “buddy” to help you get started with the many problems you face in dealing with this life threatening medical condition.

Post Reply Post Reply
There is a group that meets in each state, I didn't join for a few reasons, first you have to pay to join and where they held the meetings wasn't suitable for me in Melbourne, they also seemed a little old fashioned and I seem to get more out of the Internet sites I'm on.

http://www.sleepoz.org.au
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [News] Aussie members - the official word on prescriptions and public health support. DeepBreathing 10 2,465 10-21-2020, 02:50 AM
Last Post: holden4th
Money [Equipment] Aussie veterans - you may be eligible for CPAP benefits DeepBreathing 0 990 01-08-2020, 08:45 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  [CPAP] Resmed [Purchase in USA for Aussie member] bricki 2 1,404 05-17-2018, 08:52 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  [Data] Anyone in Aussie Told MyAir They Were in Us? Doza 20 4,051 01-10-2018, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Doza
  [Treatment] What's Going On? [Aussie struggling] granti 15 2,477 10-13-2017, 06:42 AM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  [Equipment] Aussie looking for cheap mask Headly 6 2,191 01-06-2016, 04:30 AM
Last Post: jrv1964
  Aussie Paul needs some help... Aussie Paul 56 15,980 04-27-2015, 08:07 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.