Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: Are you interested in an Aussie get-together?
This poll is closed.
Yes - In Queensland
13.04%
3 13.04%
Yes - In NSW
39.13%
9 39.13%
Yes - In Victoria
17.39%
4 17.39%
Yes - In Tasmania
4.35%
1 4.35%
Yes - In South Australia
4.35%
1 4.35%
Yes - In Western Australia
13.04%
3 13.04%
Yes - other locations
8.70%
2 8.70%
No
0%
0 0%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Aussie CPAPers - get together
RE: Aussie CPAPers - get together
(01-08-2014, 04:56 PM)zonk Wrote: Hi Gabby
I,m referring to mask trials (or donation) not buying or selling
My local supplier charges $50 for a week mask trial, its quite steep considering I can buy the same mask for less than $100 elsewhere

Hi Zonk, sorry just seen your reply. Fair enough about not selling. I am right for a mask at the moment, I hope, but if I need to trial down the track will be sure to ask you what you have.
Thanks so much, and good idea for a donation.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-19-2014, 05:45 PM)Tez62 Wrote: There is a group that meets in each state, I didn't join for a few reasons, first you have to pay to join and where they held the meetings wasn't suitable for me in Melbourne, they also seemed a little old fashioned and I seem to get more out of the Internet sites I'm on.

http://www.sleepoz.org.au

Hi Tez, it's funny you should mention about the support group being old fashioned. I rang one that was based in Melbourne and if I could choose something to describe the lady I spoke with, I would probably say, old fashioned. She was the person that told me I didn't need an humidifier. Wonder if it was the same one?
I saw you wrote on another site about instructions for making liners for masks. I would love some instructions please if you are still giving them out.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
Gabby, they probably need some new blood, I think the last time I looked their meetings were in the city and I live in the outer suburbs, I'm sure they try their best.
On the liners, I bought some Remzzz’s mask liners a 6 pack and although they say to only use them once you can wash them and get about 5-6 uses. I then made a template of what I needed from their liners and went to a Spotlight and got 3 ft of 50% cotton/50% poly fabric and cut out my own and they also last 5-6 uses, the next time I bought 3 ft of 50% cotton/ 50% lycra fabric. That last me about 3 months and costs about ten dollars. No need to do any sewing.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think we,re missing the point here and even missing an opportunity, its not about other support group. Please read the original post, state your local suburb (not just state or city) if interested meeting like minded people for a cup of coffee. Who knows who might be attracted to the idea or even if people can get along with each other, internet is one thing and meeting people face to face is another matter but that is not an excuse for doing nothing. We should be supportive of the idea, your local rip-off suppliers not going to like the idea one bit
Post Reply Post Reply
Zonk, I wasn't missing the point, I understood, just that there are other groups available, whether I would go to them is a different issue. It doesn't look like groups can be set up from this site because of distance.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-19-2014, 07:27 PM)Tez62 Wrote: Zonk, I wasn't missing the point, I understood, just that there are other groups available, whether I would go to them is a different issue. It doesn't look like groups can be set up from this site because of distance.
Yes distance is a factor, I,m not likely to hook up with someone living in Alice Spring for example but quite possible if someone living in south west Sydney or in the vicinity. Its like a sowing a seed, whether it grows or not depend on many factors, like soil, sun, rain and might also lies dormant for some time and suddenly shoot -up unexpected

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-19-2014, 06:29 PM)Tez62 Wrote: Gabby, they probably need some new blood, I think the last time I looked their meetings were in the city and I live in the outer suburbs, I'm sure they try their best.
On the liners, I bought some Remzzz’s mask liners a 6 pack and although they say to only use them once you can wash them and get about 5-6 uses. I then made a template of what I needed from their liners and went to a Spotlight and got 3 ft of 50% cotton/50% poly fabric and cut out my own and they also last 5-6 uses, the next time I bought 3 ft of 50% cotton/ 50% lycra fabric. That last me about 3 months and costs about ten dollars. No need to do any sewing.

Yes, I am sure they are a valued service for people that have nowhere else to turn and would never turn anyone away. The lady did try to be very helpful to me.
Thanks for the instructions on liners. I shall be sure to follow up. We have a Spotlight not too far away. I shall order my liners first and take it from there, Cheers.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
I went to local CPAP supply store to get a hose cover, while I was there met mature age man gazing at some masks, he told me insurance does not cover masks, I said yep $275 is a lot to pay for a mask, he can get it on-line for less than half the price. The thing strike most about this man that he does not know or want to know about the data, just happy to bring the SD card to the store to be read and pay $20 for the download each time. I've introduced myself and explained to him about the importance of (not being Earnest Too-funny ) being able to view his data and see how the treatment is working for himself and save himself money in the process. He looked to me like someone coming from outer space, maybe he does not talk to some riff-raff. Anyway I went on my merry-way amazed and sad at the same time at this kind of people who want to be chained, even slavery been abolished.
Ohwell had a coffee on my own and on the way home stopped and bought some flowers and box chocolate for my wife
Happy Valentine day ... Love in the air
Post Reply Post Reply
Happy Valentine's Day to you and your dear wife Zonk!
Thank you for that story, I was quite amused by it. It is quite funny how some people go about their lives, being told one thing at the very beginning and not being swayed from that one way for another, by hook or by crook, even if it could turn their life around and make it all the more easier and cheaper.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
Everyone wants to visit Tassie!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [News] Aussie members - the official word on prescriptions and public health support. DeepBreathing 10 2,467 10-21-2020, 02:50 AM
Last Post: holden4th
Money [Equipment] Aussie veterans - you may be eligible for CPAP benefits DeepBreathing 0 990 01-08-2020, 08:45 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  [CPAP] Resmed [Purchase in USA for Aussie member] bricki 2 1,404 05-17-2018, 08:52 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  [Data] Anyone in Aussie Told MyAir They Were in Us? Doza 20 4,052 01-10-2018, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Doza
  [Treatment] What's Going On? [Aussie struggling] granti 15 2,477 10-13-2017, 06:42 AM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  [Equipment] Aussie looking for cheap mask Headly 6 2,191 01-06-2016, 04:30 AM
Last Post: jrv1964
  Aussie Paul needs some help... Aussie Paul 56 15,982 04-27-2015, 08:07 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.