Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Aussie Paul needs some help...
Aussie Paul needs some help...
Hi All, I have been on fixed pressure CPAP since early October last year. I don't have a sleep doctor appointment until May. I am wondering how I can put my SH results here for the experts evaluate?

Aussie Paul. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Aussie Paul needs some help...
well it looks pretty good to me.

QAL

Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-30-2015, 05:39 AM)Aussie Paul Wrote: Hi All, I have been on fixed pressure CPAP since early October last year. I don't have a sleep doctor appointment until May. I am wondering how I can put my SH results here for the experts evaluate?

Aussie Paul. Smile

G'day Paul

It looks like your AHIs are frequently over the target (5). Perhaps you could post the detailed charts from one of those nights and we can see what's happening in a bit more detail. It wouldn't hurt to use a higher resolution - these are a bit too small to read clearly.
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day Paul

It looks like your AHIs are frequently over the target (5). Perhaps you could post the detailed charts from one of those nights and we can see what's happening in a bit more detail. It wouldn't hurt to use a higher resolution - these are a bit too small to read clearly.
=================================

Thanks, here is last nights report. Does this help?

Aussie Paul. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Paul, can you post the detailed chart - the one that looks like the attached? Need to see your events, flow and leaks.

[attachment=1242]
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-30-2015, 09:50 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Paul, can you post the detailed chart - the one that looks like the attached? Need to see your events, flow and leaks.

Ok, see how we go with this. I am not sure whether the 200mb fine size is for each post or for the whole thread.

Regards Paul.
Post Reply Post Reply
well sure there is a lot of action, but some pretty decent sleep there as well. I echo my previous opinion that you are in ok shape. how do you feel? 0 worn out 5 fuzzy sometimes 10 fit and alert all day
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-30-2015, 11:50 PM)quiescence at last Wrote: well sure there is a lot of action, but some pretty decent sleep there as well. I echo my previous opinion that you are in ok shape. how do you feel? 0 worn out 5 fuzzy sometimes 10 fit and alert all day

Hi Guys, in Nov 2007 I was involved in a firey aircraft accident and was sedated for 7 weeks and spent 9 out of the first 18 months after the accident in hospital. L4&5 vertebra were crushed and I had full thickness burns to 55% of my body. I was 58 y/o at the time and had type 1 Diabetes since I was 20. I should not be alive really. So rehab etc has been severe. I have been assessed as 62% disabled and exhaustion is my major problem. I had a stent put in due to a heart attack I didn't really feel 18 months ago. Sleep apnea is the last thing on the list to try and get me some more energy.

So, this 65 y/o body had taken quite a punishment. I spend 80% of my waking hours in my comfortable lounge chair with my laptop which saved my sanity during the last few years. I am well enough to tour with my wife Eril with our 4x4 and caravan with en suite. Of course mentally and emotionally it has been a struggle. I have adapted to be able to any jobs sitting in a chair or on a stool. The constant pain is bad enough(you do get used to it) BUT the exhaustion is really limiting me.

Aussie Paul. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I think you are saying you are about a 9.5 out of 10 in pain, 3 out of 10 for energy, are you 7 out of 10 in alertness?
Post Reply Post Reply
Holy heck! You have been through the mill. Are you taking opiate or narcotic pain killers? That might explain the fairly high number of central apneas. Also, do you sleep on you side or your back? The occasional sessions of snoring combined with obstructive apneas might be improved by changing sleep posture. Otherwise it might be worth bumping the pressure up a tad to try and improve your AHI.

The target is to be consistently under 5, and feeling good with it. From your earlier charts (now disappeared?) it looked like you seldom got below 5 and were often in the 10 - 12 range. That's too high and may be contributing to your lack of energy.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [News] Aussie members - the official word on prescriptions and public health support. DeepBreathing 10 2,469 10-21-2020, 02:50 AM
Last Post: holden4th
Money [Equipment] Aussie veterans - you may be eligible for CPAP benefits DeepBreathing 0 992 01-08-2020, 08:45 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  [CPAP] Resmed [Purchase in USA for Aussie member] bricki 2 1,405 05-17-2018, 08:52 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  [Data] Anyone in Aussie Told MyAir They Were in Us? Doza 20 4,053 01-10-2018, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Doza
  [Treatment] What's Going On? [Aussie struggling] granti 15 2,477 10-13-2017, 06:42 AM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  [Equipment] Aussie looking for cheap mask Headly 6 2,192 01-06-2016, 04:30 AM
Last Post: jrv1964
Exclaimation Aussie CPAPers - get together DeepBreathing 37 10,452 11-06-2014, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Gabby

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.