Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Aussie Paul needs some help...
RE: Aussie Paul needs some help...
(01-31-2015, 12:53 AM)quiescence at last Wrote: I think you are saying you are about a 9.5 out of 10 in pain, 3 out of 10 for energy, are you 7 out of 10 in alertness?

I am not taking pain relief due to the fact they do nothing for me, and the associated constipation etc. Better off not putting that stuff through my system and not gaining benefits.

I would say pain is 8, energy 2, and alertness 9. Not Tired just exhausted.

The forum would not allow me to put up further Jpegs due to the 200mb limit, so I had to remove some. How do I overcome that?

Regards, Paul. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
the limit eases some with the length you are involved, number of posts, etc.

however, it is not near enough to be a truly interactive poster. I have had to work with other sharing networks, like photobucket, shutterfly, imgur, etc. - having an account (usually free) there, I upload images, and then link them in my posts.

I like your alertness score, it puts you in the camp I call 'body recovery'. Those who are plentiful here that have the awful fuzzy, confused, unhappy feeling, I mentally ascribe to the 'brain recovery' camp.

If we keep PAPing we will all be recovering, somehow. It beats the alternative!
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
QAL,(finally figured that this is better than Qui cause I saw you sign off with it..I'm still oxygen starved and slow!) I like the concept you mention above...can you describe what each of those means/would look like? Body Recover camp and the other one?

Aussie, wow, amazing what you have been through. Hope you find ways to tweak your cpap/usage/masks/leaks etc that will give you excellent results with your cpap. This forum helps a lot. I know from having my own physical pain these last couple or three years, that the sleep apnea (which I didn't yet know I had) made pain much harder to deal with, We MUST have refreshing sleep to heal physically.

Best wishes,
Susan

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-31-2015, 04:23 AM)quiescence at last Wrote: the limit eases some with the length you are involved, number of posts, etc.

however, it is not near enough to be a truly interactive poster. I have had to work with other sharing networks, like photobucket, shutterfly, imgur, etc. - having an account (usually free) there, I upload images, and then link them in my posts.

I like your alertness score, it puts you in the camp I call 'body recovery'. Those who are plentiful here that have the awful fuzzy, confused, unhappy feeling, I mentally ascribe to the 'brain recovery' camp.

If we keep PAPing we will all be recovering, somehow. It beats the alternative!

Ok on that. I suffer from moderate to severe depression and am on a largish dose of anti depressants that keeps the black dog at bay. :grin:

Aussie Paul. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
@susan - I PM'd a reply.

@Aussie Paul - Basically, I think you are well on your way, no big obstacles. I get AHI is 3.5 to 7.0 consistently, too. Good luck with your doctor visit. Some adjustments in your treatment might be beneficial, but we have time for tweaks.
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-31-2015, 06:18 AM)quiescence at last Wrote: @susan - I PM'd a reply.

@Aussie Paul - Basically, I think you are well on your way, no big obstacles. I get AHI is 3.5 to 7.0 consistently, too. Good luck with your doctor visit. Some adjustments in your treatment might be beneficial, but we have time for tweaks.

I have not received a PM quiescence. I will check in the morning. time for bed now as it is almost 11 pm.

Aussie Paul. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Paul
After a couple of years I began to feel that my CPAP wasn't giving me the same benefit as it had at the begining so i went into the clinical menu and increased it by 1cm, I did this twice and obtained an improvemenT.

CPAP + SSRIs = good sleep + happy days.Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
man that is a lot for any one person to go through and I don't get why you are not 100% disabled I don't know how you could hold down any type of job because of the pain lack of the ability to get quality sleep not to mention how this has affected you mentally it's amazing to me that you are able to, after having such a traumatic experience, try to figure out how to correct or what you might do to feel less tired. I am not sure what to tell you but I will think about it and see if I can come up with ideas.

has your team of doctors talked to you
about post traumatic stress syndrome as a contributing factor to w you might be so tired on top of
your physical issues from the burns

what DeepBreathing asked are good questions
Post Reply Post Reply
Paul, a fellow Ballarat hose head here, I'm guessing your sleep doctor is Dr. Spring who from my personal experience is not really a hands on type after the initial diagnosis and I'd recommend you get onto the girls at the MCS Sleep and Snoring centre at 1B Ascot Street, immediately adjacent to Red Rooster Car park on Sturt Street. I see Mel (sleep apnoea therapist & fellow hose head) there and with her "hands on" help I now regularly run at an AHI rate of between 0.4 & 0.8, also machines, supplies, parts etc are available there...highly recommended.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-31-2015, 08:03 AM)Mutineer Wrote: Paul, a fellow Ballarat hose head here, I'm guessing your sleep doctor is Dr. Spring who from my personal experience is not really a hands on type after the initial diagnosis and I'd recommend you get onto the girls at the MCS Sleep and Snoring centre at 1B Ascot Street, immediately adjacent to Red Rooster Car park on Sturt Street. I see Mel (sleep apnoea therapist & fellow hose head) there and with her "hands on" help I now regularly run at an AHI rate of between 0.4 & 0.8, also machines, supplies, parts etc are available there...highly recommended.

Thanks Mutineer, ok re Ascot st. I got my machine from Ballarat Health Services free due to my disability pension status. I opted to use UFS in the Mall. They seem to be frightened of Spring and were concerned that he would see that I had found out how to up the pressure!!! They wanted me to make sure he did not think they were giving that sort of advice.. I started on his prescription of 8 and worked my way up to 11. He put me back to 9 after viewing my printout. I slowly played around up to 12 but was getting less comfortable sleep so am now on 10. I hope to see the UFS girls this week. It appears Spring is not a supporter auto machines!!!

Aussie Paul. Smile

(01-31-2015, 07:56 AM)me50 Wrote: man that is a lot for any one person to go through and I don't get why you are not 100% disabled I don't know how you could hold down any type of job because of the pain lack of the ability to get quality sleep not to mention how this has affected you mentally it's amazing to me that you are able to, after having such a traumatic experience, try to figure out how to correct or what you might do to feel less tired. I am not sure what to tell you but I will think about it and see if I can come up with ideas.

has your team of doctors talked to you
about post traumatic stress syndrome as a contributing factor to w you might be so tired on top of
your physical issues from the burns

what DeepBreathing asked are good questions

Hi me50, I have had great support from the medico establishment, especially my Shrink.
The student who was flying the craft died, and as I was the instructor the buck stops with me. Investigation did not point blame at me, just an accident.

Aussie Paul. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [News] Aussie members - the official word on prescriptions and public health support. DeepBreathing 10 2,465 10-21-2020, 02:50 AM
Last Post: holden4th
Money [Equipment] Aussie veterans - you may be eligible for CPAP benefits DeepBreathing 0 990 01-08-2020, 08:45 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  [CPAP] Resmed [Purchase in USA for Aussie member] bricki 2 1,404 05-17-2018, 08:52 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  [Data] Anyone in Aussie Told MyAir They Were in Us? Doza 20 4,051 01-10-2018, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Doza
  [Treatment] What's Going On? [Aussie struggling] granti 15 2,477 10-13-2017, 06:42 AM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  [Equipment] Aussie looking for cheap mask Headly 6 2,191 01-06-2016, 04:30 AM
Last Post: jrv1964
Exclaimation Aussie CPAPers - get together DeepBreathing 37 10,447 11-06-2014, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Gabby

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.