Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Aussie Paul needs some help...
RE: Aussie Paul needs some help...
Hi Paul, I'm sure you are being looked after well by yourself and the Mrs. I'm a bit concerned about the pain and you may be going into a pain/wakening spiral at night, as you stiffen and get uncomfortable again. Do any light painkillers help at all? paracetamol, naproxen, ibuprofin?

Having previously gone through a crushed L3 and more recently a hand fracture requiring pins, I know first hand how pain can bring one down. Even a bit of relief from the over the counter meds might help enough to thin that dark cloud a bit and get some improved rest. I recall when I was moved to a higher pain med and I felt joyous at the relief! (No it wasn't the pharma effect.). Chronic pain hurts us more than just physically; it is a weight on the soul.

Best wishes for better sleep and recovery.
Post Reply Post Reply
yes. I agree try xflex at 2 and pressure at 10.5.
leaks may be disruptive, but they look like they are mostly under LL (large leak) criteria.
there are ways of making leaks not as disruptive. cotton cloth between skin and the silicon sealing piece make it so you hardly feel the leaking.
good luck.

QAL

ps. it is very interesting that your flow came down so much in the 03:00 to 03:45 timeframe. Did your insp time and exp time go up quite a bit in that region? From 02:00 to 3:40 looks like a point of a sharpened pencil.

Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-12-2015, 08:45 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Your leaks are a mess and are probably disruptive to your sleep. How old is your mask or pillows?

It would help if your charts included Events, Flow, Pressure and Leaks with the Details on the left. Use the F12 key to take the screenshot. It is stored in My Documents/Sleepyhead/Screenshots. Here is a tutorial http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board

You are still showing a high rate of H, OA, CA clustered at various times of the night. I would try a 1.0 cm higher pressure and see if that reduces it. I'd guess these events occur when you change position (back sleeping?) or at certain sleep stages (REM).

Mask and pillows are 5 months old, and yes, at the moment I am having some difficulty with the fit. Last night was better.

Now, let me see if I have done the pics on Imgur.

http://paulbruty.imgur.com/all/

Aussie Paul. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
your pic albums are private, not shared. the way we usually do it, is post individual images via their links.

get one of your pictures up, then look on the right hand side. There are several ways you can provide the link, select one that has [img] starting it. embed that phrase in your post.

Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/jbVrde2.png[/img]

creates:
[Image: jbVrde2.png]

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Link gives the message "not publicly available".

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: L19aQLwm.jpg]

[Image: Y8ov1k7m.jpg]

[Image: n4ya3dRm.jpg]

[Image: XSV6RCim.jpg]

[Image: 5BNdvjkm.jpg]

[Image: 0Hs0BI4m.jpg]

[Image: fuwpL75m.jpg]

[Image: apNfvXhm.jpg]

[Image: S7eKayBm.jpg]

[Image: fKt9wfhm.jpg]

This old dog has to learn new IT tricks!!!

Aussie Paul. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, this was last night. I could not get to sleep and got up to double check sugar and play Solitaire for a while. Then had a toilet rak, then pillows camw off mask!!!

Aussie Paul. Smile

[Image: HtnXhze.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
Most of your CAs are coming when you first go to sleep, or immediately after the break at 02:45. I think they can safely be ignored for now, as they seem to be happening during the transition into sleep. The leaks could be a concern - I'm not really sure what counts as a "large Leak" on a PR machine but they look pretty big to me. That's probably the main thing to focus on at the moment - make sure your mask is comfortable and that leaks are under control. You might need to try several different masks until you get one which suits, so develop a nice close relationship with the nice people at the clinic!
Post Reply Post Reply
I recommend you buy a set of nasal pillows (maybe 2), and replace that part of your mask. If the headgear is stretched, replace that too. If you're not happy with the Nuance, switch to the Resmed Airfit P10. You are not preventing enough H and OA at your current pressure. I will stand by my original recommendation to increase pressure to 11.0 and see if you see a reduction.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It looks to me like when you started the machine up the 2nd and 3rd time that you did not get your mask fitted right possibly causing the large leaks.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [News] Aussie members - the official word on prescriptions and public health support. DeepBreathing 10 2,523 10-21-2020, 02:50 AM
Last Post: holden4th
Money [Equipment] Aussie veterans - you may be eligible for CPAP benefits DeepBreathing 0 1,016 01-08-2020, 08:45 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  [CPAP] Resmed [Purchase in USA for Aussie member] bricki 2 1,413 05-17-2018, 08:52 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  [Data] Anyone in Aussie Told MyAir They Were in Us? Doza 20 4,115 01-10-2018, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Doza
  [Treatment] What's Going On? [Aussie struggling] granti 15 2,493 10-13-2017, 06:42 AM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  [Equipment] Aussie looking for cheap mask Headly 6 2,202 01-06-2016, 04:30 AM
Last Post: jrv1964
Exclaimation Aussie CPAPers - get together DeepBreathing 37 10,504 11-06-2014, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Gabby

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.